Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the most embarrassing thing Disney has done yet. and disney has done a LOT of embarrassing stuff with Star Wars..Who is vetting this stuff? some graphic designer just pulled from google and thought it was the real guy? :slap:lol:lol:lol

Talk about blowing it out of proportion :slap

IMG_4980-1.jpg
Your journey, nears its end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think it's kinda cool that the HT grandpalpy got to stand in for the real grandpalpy on the poster.

The lightning for the left hand has seemed to gone super saggy. It?s just become a giant curve now. Has anyone else had this issue? I?m afraid it?s just gonna snap
4ed581d096136e116452e2a17c32b500.jpg

Definitely not as obvious from the photo

The lightening for him (and most likely Dooku) is prone to sagging, it just can't hold up it's weight over the length, which sucks. Yoda's lightening is shorter and also on a larger stabilized ball so that will probably fine over time. I'm not sure what else there is to do besides just hang it the reverse way to reverse it.

A clear acrylic support would be fine for them. Maybe someone makes custom supports. Cough, cocoloboy, cough :)

The lightning for the left hand has seemed to gone super saggy. It?s just become a giant curve now. Has anyone else had this issue? I?m afraid it?s just gonna snap
4ed581d096136e116452e2a17c32b500.jpg

Definitely not as obvious from the photo
You seem to have a large amount of figures on that lower shelf. Have you done anything to support the weight? Limit per glass shelf is 6kg and over time I believe the deformations would lead it to collapse. And having a lot of figures per shelf, without strengthening, would increase stress on the glass. I do not think IKEA have any high standards when it comes to their glass, so just have that in mind when using detolfs.

6kg is 13 pounds. I seriously doubt that 3 or more figures could weight any more than 5 pounds. I think it?s safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You seem to have a large amount of figures on that lower shelf. Have you done anything to support the weight? Limit per glass shelf is 6kg and over time I believe the deformations would lead it to collapse. And having a lot of figures per shelf, without strengthening, would increase stress on the glass. I do not think IKEA have any high standards when it comes to their glass, so just have that in mind when using detolfs.

It?s toughened glass. I?ve had eight figures on a shelf with no problems.

I'm not a big fan of glass shelves, tempered or not. They look very nice, but I've seen quite a few broken with heavier statues collapsed and badly damaged.

Agreed, the shelves are strong enough to support as many figures that can be displayed on it.

I would never put a statue on those shelves, though. If the glass shelf won't break, the tiny welded points might just give out.

I have some large base pieces, notably Lady Death 2.0.

I wouldn?t dream of putting that on a glass shelf.

BUT

The bottom shelf is wood after all.....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

With the amount of diecast Iron Man out there, I think we can all rest assured our detolf shelves are fine. I've seen at least 4 of them on people shelves. Don't worry too much.

Talk of tempered glass reminds me of when I worked in an arcade and cleaned pinballs. I'd pulled out the glass hundreds of times on them and one day one shattered into the machine. It was a very surreal experience to be holding a giant piece of glass one second and air the next lol

A clear acrylic support would be fine for them. Maybe someone makes custom supports. Cough, cocoloboy, cough :)

I?ve been waiting for some stands from him for about a year now, so I don?t know. Etsy might be the place to go

The lower shelf is the wood so I?m not worried lol

Back