Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh really? ha! thanks for clarifying that. didn't even noticed in the movies. okay "order" button clicked lol

I talked to my local shop yesterday, and Sideshow sent them an email stating that they will be charged for the deluxe on the 26th, so probably the first week of January for me.
That's crazy. When I talked to the lady at Sideshow, they wouldn't give me a particular date. Other than saying late December/early January..just mentioned they haven't heard anything back from Hot Toys. So just saying the time frame is an estimate; yet tell other ppl a specific date.
A picture with extenders would be great to see the difference. Where did you get them ?
I ordered mine from eBay. Essentially, you just order them from one of the two accounts OneSixthKit has on there. Just makes it simpler for me to get them off of there as opposed to the website..plus it helps with your positive feedback rating.

uhmmm.. what extenders were you talking about? im confused lol

You don't need to have those extenders...

tenor.gif

lol did you throw it in a sock and into the washing machine? I thought people just soaked the robes or something. I haven't actually done it yet on any robes of mine.

If these other reports are accurate, Sideshow should be shipping more deluxes to others later in the month.

First of all i surround it with clean socks in a sock bag, i wash it under the most delicate setting in the washer and dryer for a reason but in the end i surrounded it with other laundry so the “paint” does not chip on the brooch for the hood.

Once it was done it came out completely straight and the material more flexible and adjustable than it was before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They work great for the throne pose:)

As far as i know OneSixthKit have them in stock..
DSC_0469.JPG

Awesome thanks Matrix. That does look better. The nice thing is that as he has boots you don't see anything. And if you want him to stand you can also remove them (or not). Was he really taller than Luke ?

I know McDermitt said he could hardly touch the ground etc etc. But it just looks a bit silly for the most powerful guy in the universe to have dangling feet like a 5 year old (and smiling face).

Gonna blow everyone's mind.... and at long last let everyone relax about the high chair...

The actual Emperor's feet didn't touch the ground either.

View attachment 436926

Actually Ian did an interview that stated the motor in the chair swiveled it too fast so he had to tippy-toe spin the chair at the proper speed to get it right.

Actually Ian did an interview that stated the motor in the chair swiveled it too fast so he had to tippy-toe spin the chair at the proper speed to get it right.

I know, I read that too (I think I posted it) but I watched his "chair" scenes on TNT over the weekend and the shots that made it into the movie the chair must have been working those days because most time you can see his feet (at least one foot) hovering well above the floor as the chair turns (like the picture above).

That's fairly minimal dye after a couple hours. Hard to see that staining anything except after maybe years. As an example, Anakin's cloak made that water almost pitch black and after only minutes.

Thank you for the pictures though. Informs me what to expect.

That's fairly minimal dye after a couple hours. Hard to see that staining anything except after maybe years. As an example, Anakin's cloak made that water almost pitch black and after only minutes.

Thank you for the pictures though. Informs me what to expect.

Yeah it's pretty minimal...and there was zero excess dye when i steeped the cloak from jedi luke...so i guess it's hit or miss on the different robes and cloaks....

I know, I read that too (I think I posted it) but I watched his "chair" scenes on TNT over the weekend and the shots that made it into the movie the chair must have been working those days because most time you can see his feet (at least one foot) hovering well above the floor as the chair turns (like the picture above).

I would agree with that but also add if the chair motor worked properly, and your feet actually could touch the floor, then you would lift your feet a bit off the floor so they wouldn’t drag and give resistance to the motor.

So it could be either or both that he wasnt tall enough to touch the floor or lifted his feet while it turned giving the appearance that he couldn’t touch the floor.

So I received the regular version of this guy earlier today and just had a chance to take him out for a bit. Straight out of the box and posed, no modifications, minimal futzing to the robe:

"In time, you will find that it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many, things."

image.jpg
image.jpg

I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with him myself. The sculpt is very detailed with all the lines and wrinkles in his face. Eyes can indeed be more yellow though, and while the expression captures him quite well, it only does so from specific scenes and he has to be posed based on those specific screen shots when he had that expression, otherwise it just comes across as looking goofy to me if he's posed any other way. People have mentioned snipping the threads on the sides of the hood that hold it down to the robe, and while you'd probably get optimal results with the hood if you do so, I actually don't think it's really a necessity the way it was with TFA Kylo Ren. The edge of the hood has a wire and can be shaped to drape close to his head, and the bottom edge of the robe has a wire as well. I didn't put the cane in his hand so I'm not sure how that fits in his hand. Same with the lightning attachments.

All in all a good figure. The hands and the robe look a bit more poofy in the images than what they actually are when you look at it in person.

Deluxe Palps arrived! There's a lot of detail in the head sculpt and hands my camera just can't pick up. It looks WAY better in person. Especially with the lighting, it really comes to life.

The throne fits awkwardly in the detolf and the way Palps sits in it destroys the illusion. Wish I didn't get the deluxe, oh well!

IMG_6789.jpeg

Back