Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looks like it's just a tad too short with the extenders, but not more than a couple of millimeters.

vlcsnap-2014-10-27-17h40m45s42.jpg

Those sitting him on the throne, just put the base under his feet? No more danglin'

I hear ya.
This smiling face is not cutting it for me, Raymond......
m.

My personal opinion is that this head sculpt screams episode 3 so damn much that you have to tack the damn hood far, far down to get rid of his Ass Head and make it feel more like EP6. I was never a fan of the smiling portrait, wish he was more neutral/sinister.

Robes look bad too overall . too bad that Yunsil project never took off.

Wor Gar's is about the only one I've seen so far that is better hitting the mark as he's an expert futzer.

I think the headsculpt is fantastic. The emperor should be grinning, it's more representative of his behaviour and persona at the end of Jedi.

Oh no, young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken - about a great many things.

800px-Palpatine.jpg

Oh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.

palpatine-return-of-the-jedi.jpg

It is unavoidable. It is your destiny. You, like your father, are now mine!

3076090.jpg

So be it... Jedi.
Palpatine-1536x864-261271428363.jpg

Could you provide 2 or 3 pics showing the differences between both versions?
Thanks,
m.

HT throne is MUCH more accurate than the SSC throne, except: base part (SSC sculpt more accurate,) throne height off the floor (HT is slightly too low, even though people want to lower it for the feet issue,) and color (SSC's more silvery finish is more accurate than HT's black with hint of silver.)

The SSC throne's a bit heavier but not by a huge amount.

Most noticeable improvement HT vs SSC is the "roof" is correctly proportioned and HT throne is like a third deeper than the SSC. The light-up feature is gorgeous (and quite easily switched too) - possibly one of the best I've seen.

All that being said, I placed the HT Palps on my SSC throne and for some reason (other than lights) the SSC still looked fine, so people shouldn't feel compelled to get it IMO. The more silvery color of the SSC throne works much better for display purposes than the darker HT throne too. I think it just comes down to the fact that the throne really isn't one of the "biggie" iconic/cool SW designs (unlike say the probot as I mentioned earlier) and the SSC throne, despite inaccuracies, looks fine.

Looks like it's just a tad too short with the extenders, but not more than a couple of millimeters.

View attachment 436330

Maybe...but that HT vader is way too tall...i think he looks more accurate along side Tarkin....Cushing was 5'11 and McDiarmid 5'9...maybe an inch or so shorter when hunched over as the Emperor..
I don't think it's screen accurate but spreading the robes out when he sits make it look so much better. Otherwise he usually ends up looking like he's laying down on a lounger.

There is a scene where the outer robe is spread out...granted he's not laying back fully in the chair but i think it looks more natural..View attachment 436420

Maybe...but that HT vader is way too tall...i think he looks more accurate along side Tarkin....Cushing was 5'11 and McDiarmid 5'9...maybe an inch or so shorter when hunched over as the Emperor..

Sorry, I meant the length of the robe relative to the ground. :) But I think some futzing should be able to correct for that.
I'm glad to see those onesixthkit extenders work, I just got a set in a couple of weeks ago.

His overall height compared to Vader looks pretty good IMO! If anything slightly too tall, at least going by this shot from the arrival.
Is there any other moment/picture we have of them standing next to each other, showing their entire body? I usually use those kind of shots when modding overall size and proportions.

hqdefault.jpg

Deluxe just hit Imminent Arrival at Timewalker, slated to arrive week of December 30.

CURSE YOU, BOATS!! Float faster!!!

Sorry, I meant the length of the robe relative to the ground. :) But I think some futzing should be able to correct for that.
I'm glad to see those onesixthkit extenders work, I just got a set in a couple of weeks ago.

His overall height compared to Vader looks pretty good IMO! If anything slightly too tall, at least going by this shot from the arrival.
Is there any other moment/picture we have of them standing next to each other, showing their entire body? I usually use those kind of shots when modding overall size and proportions.

View attachment 436424

I have that picture autographed!!! Haha but when i look at it, its obvious that his arm is extended holding the crane, you can’t replicate that with the figure, the throne looks smaller either way, I rewatched every emperor scene and keep loving this figure even more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back