Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sculpt wise that looks great as a newly disfigured ROTS Palps. Size wise it looks terrible. That’s too bad too because that’s exactly what I was gonna do with it.

Still looks decent with the black ROTS robes though so I may go that route with it.

Thanks for those pics, jedijim! I think the SS robes have a better look to them in pics. I don’t care for the shiny, rubbery look of the HT material.

It’s actually not bad size wise in person. It looks small because we are used to the bobble head version of Sideshow figures. It’s pretty much in line with the rest of HT sculpts.

The other thing that is throwing it off is that the Palpatine body is too short and he looks tiny next to most figures including Anakin. If i could bump his height a bit with longer foot pegs I think it would look less like a Hobbit.

but then the outfit would look short if on longer ankle pegs. I don't think he was that short was he a little taller then luke maybe an " taller at that.

I agree. The HT body is too short for the Emperor. The sculpt still looks too small next to Anakin to me but I’d love to see him all set up on a taller body.

the thing with that you would not be able to take off the fat suit as it`s all connected as a whole piece suit instead of it being separate. almost like luke jedi`s was

now the cane. is this HT cane the same design as the old SS version ? because it looks like it and is short like the SS version. I kept the old Hasbro 12" emperor cane I think it looks about right in height.

I’d like to see the HT gear on a regular slim. I kept my Hasbro cane too since it worked better than SS’s. I suspect it’d be the same with HT’s.

Got mine. I've gotta say, I'm impressed. Compared to the Sideshow figure, this is light years better. Even though I would have liked a neutral expression as an alternate sculpt, the one provided DOES look good, especially with the right pose. With minimal futzing you can get a good pose and it's even better if you add a couple of royal guards to it and/or Vader.

Good work, Hot Toys. :clap

Anyone else in Australia receive this yet? I just got 7 day notice and sideshow is charging $70US for shipping. Are they taking the piss? Usually $30-$40US a figure or is this box that much larger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you get the dlx version of him with throne ?[/QUOTE]

Yer with throne, just took me by surprise especially when my last few figures have come direct from Hong Kong through Sideshow so it’s not like it’s coming all the way from the US.

Anyone else in Australia receive this yet? I just got 7 day notice and sideshow is charging $70US for shipping. Are they taking the piss? Usually $30-$40US a figure or is this box that much larger?

Yep. Add tax and currency conversion and this has become a $600 figure. Never would have ordered had I known.

The deluxe box is pretty big. The exchange rate and tax is the killer though, about 200 aussie dollars more. I think the squeeze to keep collecting has finally hit home.

I've got a few pre-orders left with Sideshow...wont be adding any more.

I'll stick with PopCultcha from now on.

I went with PopCultcha for Palpatine and would have been pretty shocked if I had gone with Sideshow and got hit up with a $70US shipping charge(plus tax and exchange rate)

The deluxe box is pretty big. The exchange rate and tax is the killer though, about 200 aussie dollars more. I think the squeeze to keep collecting has finally hit home.

Agreed. I can see that pretty soon, I’ll be priced out of collecting. I might be able to pick up one or two every now and then, but it will be harder to justify. Even now with some figures heading toward the AU$400, it’s getting iffy. Hopefully, Popcultcha’s pennies and early bird pre-orders will allow me a few more Star Wars figures before it gets too crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agreed. I can see that pretty soon, I’ll be priced out of collecting. I might be able to pick up one or two every now and then, but it will be harder to justify. Even now with some figures heading toward the AU$400, it’s getting iffy. Hopefully, Popcultcha’s pennies and early bird pre-orders will allow me a few more Star Wars figures before it gets too crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm actually worrying about putting down big deposits with PC these days. RotJ Luke is still MIA along with a couple of others. R2D2 and the new stormie are still no shows for PO. It seems they are geared 99% towards pop sales and that bubble has got to be close to bursting at some point.

Back