Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well the emperor is here. the head sculpt does look to be under scaled. I put my custom re-sculpted and repainted SS sculpt on the HT body and I think it looks better scaled at least to me anyway. take a photo later.

Based on when this was released overseas, does anyone here have an idea of when Sideshow will start shipping the deluxe one? I'm hoping to surprise my husband and pay off the rest of hi payment plan on it for Christmas - don't have a backup plan for a gift at this point haha!

I received my Deluxe from Sideshow on Nov 19th (shipped Nov 16th).

Sounds like they shipped their "1st batch" and are perhaps now waiting on the usual 2nd shipment to arrive.

I received my Deluxe from Sideshow on Nov 19th (shipped Nov 16th).

Sounds like they shipped their "1st batch" and are perhaps now waiting on the usual 2nd shipment to arrive.

Great, thank you! Hopefully it gets here in time for the holidays.

Based on when this was released overseas, does anyone here have an idea of when Sideshow will start shipping the deluxe one? I'm hoping to surprise my husband and pay off the rest of hi payment plan on it for Christmas - don't have a backup plan for a gift at this point haha!

You can always help SS and purchase a TFA HT Snowtrooper off them. Im sure they would appreciate it!!! :)

Awesome comparison Chakaman! Re the stitches, yes I cut one thread on rear of hood it gives a lot more range to work with.

Thanks. I removed the stitch on each side of the hood. Its much easier to futz the hood properly now. I did not remove the rear stich.

Take your time and be careful not to cut the hood when removing stiches.

20181128_151311.jpg

It it would be very easy to repaint them yellow. You just need a fine enough brush.

I might try that if I feel it needs more yellow once in hand (which will be some time next year unfortunately).

well the emperor is here. the head sculpt does look to be under scaled. I put my custom re-sculpted and repainted SS sculpt on the HT body and I think it looks better scaled at least to me anyway. take a photo later.

Very curious to see this! I'm actually starting to regret selling off my resculpted SSC Palps, and have been toying with the idea of buying one again to resculpt again. I much prefer Palps to be neutral/frowning, with that creepy stare.

Thanks. I removed the stitch on each side of the hood. Its much easier to futz the hood properly now. I did not remove the rear stich.

Take your time and be careful not to cut the hood when removing stiches.

View attachment 434602

That looks great!

Looking forward to pics of that. I’ve got my own custom sculpt at a painters right now and more than likely will be using it when it’s done.

That Looks fantastic Chakaman, Perfect!:clap

:exactly:

Yeah, when it arrived I couldn't figure out if the head was a bit undersized or the hands oversized. It's a bit of both perhaps.

In those comp pics someone posted weeks ago, it was remarkable the size difference between the SSC and HT Palps heads.

Trying out the SS cloak on the HT. I think I like the hood better on the old SS even though it doesn’t have the waffle material that is iconic on his robe.

SS robe is definitely longer in floor length and sleeve length.
Here are a few side by sides I took of the outfits.

23d39bf60ef6c876933a1cb398018aaf.jpg

c48d944fb6a9dd0978fe3be6c7c94459.jpg

ee7bcf900db2f8a308a68d22fa0a72d5.jpg

203720d3659a9c01a902f0044d2c1448.jpg

67057a9be0e7cff073c9ffd368a56ffe.jpg

fd6e49a3c40cac3c4a3a1c576809dc58.jpg

f88af4decc0a465369e4fb7d113f91c9.jpg

700df16e8882af5ffb7fbcb8d335c3cc.jpg

HT has nicer materials on the robe, inner robes, and show material but the SS robe has better length perhaps better for a sitting position in the throne.

Back