Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one bad thing about shipping from Asia is that it usually changes delivery services at least once. So typically you lose all traceability unless you call them, wait in telephone queues and ask questions. So in my case it'll turn up when it turns up. Based on experience I expect him to arrive this coming week.

got my notice for the 23rd as well. He is going to be awesome. Now the question is will I be able to fit anything else besides him in his chair on a single detolf shelf LOL!
There are pics of him in the chair with 2 guards behind him in a detolf. That's how I'm displaying him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Occasionally having it delivered to a store makes it faster...
[

I usually just Hold for PU at the UPS hub near me, but since its the weekend the site is telling me that if I change to Hold then it will be available on Tues the 20th... or delivered to me on the 19th if I leave it alone.

Maybe when Monday comes the 'Hold til 20th' will convert to available for PU on 19th... but that's a big risk.

He's here! The chair itself is amazing! The Emperor of course is awesome! I'll post more pictures later but for now, this is the Emperor right out of the box with minimal futzing - mostly just futzed with the hood to make it look decent. *apologies but for some reason my photos will not post upright even though they were taken in that format :(

20181117_174807.jpg

20181117_180646.jpg

20181117_180536.jpg

Attachments

• 20181117_174807.jpg
    20181117_174807.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 280
  • 20181117_180646.jpg
    20181117_180646.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
He's here! The chair itself is amazing! The Emperor of course is awesome! I'll post more pictures later but for now, this is the Emperor right out of the box with minimal futzing - mostly just futzed with the hood to make it look decent. *apologies but for some reason my photos will not post upright even though they were taken in that format :(

View attachment 433589

View attachment 433590

View attachment 433591

To get then to show right, use your phones editor to slightly crop and resave them, then they will post correctly.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Sitting on throne just doesn’t do it for me. So much is lost from the details hidden on the chair to the personality of the figures character. Thats just my opinion though.

Changing your order moves you to the back of the line. Everyone knows that.
Uhhh, no..everyone doesn't know that. If that's the case, considering ppl that ordered a week or so ago and they've already shipped; mine should be shipping Monday. But I know that will not happen lol. What I don't understand is why I didn't get that 'your order will be in our warehouse soon/final payment' email.

Sitting on throne just doesn’t do it for me. So much is lost from the details hidden on the chair to the personality of the figures character. Thats just my opinion though.

Yeah that's kind of how I feel about my Tarkin and Kirk figures. I've tried them in their chairs, but they always look way too stiff in them, and I can get a lot more personality out of them in standing poses.

I'll put the Emperor in his chair occasionally, but it probably won't be my preferred option.

Yeah that's kind of how I feel about my Tarkin and Kirk figures. I've tried them in their chairs, but they always look way too stiff in them, and I can get a lot more personality out of them in standing poses.

I'll put the Emperor in his chair occasionally, but it probably won't be my preferred option.

The throne can still look pretty good as a backdrop. As there are so many scenes of him also standing, but with the throne behind him.

So even if he's standing it's not a waste imo.

Yeah that's why I'm glad I switched my SW figures over to the Vittsjo instead, as it lets me space things out a bit more. I'll probably still have the Throne somewhat in the back, but I at least won't have to have figures standing right in front like in a Detolf.

Yeah that's why I'm glad I switched my SW figures over to the Vittsjo instead, as it lets me space things out a bit more. I'll probably still have the Throne somewhat in the back, but I at least won't have to have figures standing right in front like in a Detolf.

Dave, what does the Vittsjo look like in action ? Not sure if I've seen one of those set up with figures. Does it also have glass all around ?

Got a pic ?

I ordered min finally. I just have one gripe why the **** arent his eyes yellow? Why did hot toys leave that detail out

I ordered min finally. I just have one gripe why the **** arent his eyes yellow? Why did hot toys leave that detail out

They are yellow. Just not striking yellow.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back