Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are the best comparison pics I think I've ever seen!

It really shows a huge difference, but mostly in the chair; the HT is much more accurate/proportioned.

I love that one where they are looking at the Hasbro - the perfect expression from the other 2... HT laughing at it, SS looks confused or concerned. :)

The ss seems to be saying “what the hell is that?”

What's this a pic of Loki? The detail from the top of the throne in full size?

31395013408_882f0e1ac5_o.jpg

Sorry, these aren't my pics. Just a flickr account I found by accident. The guy does great comparisons of several figures. There is a pic I think that shows where those come from. I think he was showing what they were, how they are used on both Palpatine's throne & Vader's reveal mask and what their origin is.

43455035390_162c7c4222_o.jpg

44357222185_d292790b29_o.jpg

Amazing comp pics.:clap

Wow, the Sideshow head is massive compared to the HT. Like 50% bigger.

And what's amazing is that the Sideshow PT era Palps seems maybe 1/3 larger even than the Sideshow ROTJ Palps - so the facial features almost look to be double the size of the HT Palps.

30330696067_ebc76c592b_k.jpg

I love that a simple pose can turn Palps into a jovial old dude posing for the weirdest family get together pic of all time. Love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Amazing comp pics.:clap

Wow, the Sideshow head is massive compared to the HT. Like 50% bigger.

And what's amazing is that the Sideshow PT era Palps seems maybe 1/3 larger even than the Sideshow ROTJ Palps - so the facial features almost look to be double the size of the HT Palps.

30330696067_ebc76c592b_k.jpg

All the old sideshow figure heads were huge, out of scale monsters. The hands were no better. Always way too big. Decent sculpt on some of them but way out of proportion for a 1/6 Figure.

I don't believe anybody has put up pics of great comparisons of the HT with the SS Emperor & Throne yet, so here you go.

Here's the best I found.

View attachment 430758

View attachment 430761

View attachment 430762

Here's the link for all 81 pictures. Some more comparisons & other photos.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/58847938@N06/albums/72157674408300668/with/44357219415/

Thanks for the comparison pics. The SSC throne is not that bad, missing a few details and being too narrow on top and too short on bottom. But I'll go with the HT and will sell the SSC throne and Emperor as soon as HT figs arrive

I hope a talented custom sculptor is working on a serious faced Emperor head sculpt. It will sell well.

That and a custom robe.

It's interesting that Sideshow didn't see the need for that fat fabric seam running down the arms on their robe.

Back