Hot Toys ROTJ Emperor Palpatine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$99 from Home Depot....

black-glacier-bay-two-piece-toilets-n2316-blk-64_1000.jpg

Thats the sort of throne where your feet need to touch the floor without slouching!

Nice review. Thanks! I’m surprised how good the headsculpt and boots are.
Thanks Adam, I really appreciate it. Yah I think this is a must have for any star wars fan. He looks awesome next to Vader and the guards.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

^^ Yeah, that guy comes to mind a lot when looking at pics of this figure.

Still on the fence with HT Palps. I keep thinking that when HT announces their ROTJ Vader in the next few months, there will be a slight reboot of this figure in a two pack (like Tarkin/Vader) that might have a tweaked or second sculpt. As is, I'm just not loving this figure. Its fine, a solid figure, but for me a pretty mediocre outcome after the excitement of HT doing Palps.

Agreed. I too am on the fence. I have this on PO and have considered canceling it more than once. I really don't like the seams running down the front of Sheeve's sleeves. The sculpt looks good from certain angles but overall lackluster IMO.

Sorry, didn't mean to upset anybody! It's just like my opinion, man.
I'd say not only keep it, but get the deluxe. Initially I wasn't so excited cause I owned the SS one (sold it yesterday). The Emperor was never a character that visually wowed me.

After seeing the reviews, the headsculpt, hand detailing, Force lightning effects and then that beautiful light up throne..had to upgrade. Either way you go, it's definitely not going to decrease in value.

Awesome comparison photos. Thank you for posting these.

Hot Toys blows the SS out of the water in every conceivable way...

Making the wait for the EX difficult.

Does anyone happen to have the Sideshow throne with the new Hot Toys figure? Still trying to figure out if I should spring for the deluxe and sell off the old one.

Deluxe seems like the only logical choice.

It seems unlikley that you'll manage to score a SSC throne for a decent price, considering it doesn't light up, it's heavy, and you'll probably pay at least $30 in shipping. It originally retailed for $140. Someone would have to take a bath on it, to sell it for $50 or so, enabling you to get it cheaper than the cost of the HT. Further, it was not well-designed and the post is likely to break during shipping, just like mine did.

The HT deluxe just seems like a no-brainer, it's simply a superior offering, at a reasonable price.

While the HT sculpt is better than SS’s, which isn’t saying much, I think a properly futzed SS outfit would look better than the shiny HT clothes.

Amazing comp pics.:clap

Wow, the Sideshow head is massive compared to the HT. Like 50% bigger.

And what's amazing is that the Sideshow PT era Palps seems maybe 1/3 larger even than the Sideshow ROTJ Palps - so the facial features almost look to be double the size of the HT Palps.

30330696067_ebc76c592b_k.jpg

They are the best comparison pics I think I've ever seen!

It really shows a huge difference, but mostly in the chair; the HT is much more accurate/proportioned.

I love that one where they are looking at the Hasbro - the perfect expression from the other 2... HT laughing at it, SS looks confused or concerned. :)

Back