Hot Toys Rorshach actually happening?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If HT releases one i'll but it.

_2Kjm.jpg

Hi
This is an image I spotted from Hot Toys Facebook page, Ani-Com and Games Hot Toys Booth Hong Kong, one of the posters is a photo of Rorshach from the book "Watchmen:portraits" by the photographer Clay Enos! :yess:

Last edited:
Now that I look at it again, it might be one of those World War 1 Zombie German soldiers from "SuckerPunch"....

Any more news on this?
I think i have given up hope :(

Who knows... on the one hand it seems a bit hopeless that we'll ever see this, on the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if HT actually makes this a year or so down the line. They have been known to take their sweet ass time on some lines and figures... :dunno

Who knows... on the one hand it seems a bit hopeless that we'll ever see this, on the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if HT actually makes this a year or so down the line. They have been known to take their sweet ass time on some lines and figures... :dunno

They should make up a Watchmen anniversary and release it in honour of that.

Unless I'm mistaken, or unless something has changed, I believe all existing WATCHMEN movie licenses expire this coming February.

Carl is heavily involved with all things Snyder. Speaking of which since they expire in February any chance that SSC could pick up the film or even the comic licenses to produce within the 1:6 realm?

That doesn't really have anything to do with HT. Superman the Movie's actual license ended a long time ago. Rather than general contemporary movie licenses these are specific actor/character based rights. HT would not be part of general Watchmen product rights.

Yeah, the movie license is still available (or renewable beyond February 2012).

The comics license is a different kettle of fish, though. DC (and thus, Warners) holds it in full but it's complicated by the royalty contracts with Moore & Gibbons. Incidentally, though, one upside to this WATCHMEN prequel business at DC is that it'll almost surely open the gates for products based on the comics, old & new. Sideshow could do worse than to jump on that right from the start.

Last edited:
I thought one of the stipulations of the prequel business is that after those are said and done that the rights of Watchmen would transfer to Moore. I wonder if he can still stop the merchandising on that front? If he does fully get rights then forget about any kind of comic stuff once he has them...

I think it just ups their royalty shares, but DC retains ownership. However, anything done with the original WATCHMEN work in print (other than straight reprintings) has to done with Moore's consent. They can't do a re-colored version like they did with KILLING JOKE, for instance.

Merchandising is different. Moore signed over his right to refuse licenses to Gibbons, though he still has royalties (which he has to formally refuse). He did the same thing with David Lloyd for V FOR VENDETTA. Lloyd actually got ALL of Moore's cut from the film and any related merchandising.

So then if Sideshow wanted to they could with Gibbons' consent do the Watchmen in their 1:6 license with DC's approval that is. The original comic incarnations?

Back