Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the double sided backdrop come with every Rogue One Vader or was that an exclusive?

Ordered mine from a local source and the backdrop was included. I guess that's a standard accessory.

The backdrop was a pre-order exclusive. Didn't matter where it was ordered from. Not all came with it. So maybe only the 1st wave that was shipped. So if you didn't pre-order it then you got lucky to get it.

The backdrop was a pre-order exclusive. Didn't matter where it was ordered from. Not all came with it. So maybe only the 1st wave that was shipped. So if you didn't pre-order it then you got lucky to get it.

Thanks, I got one from Popcultcha last month during their sale so definitely not a pre-order unless it was old stock. I'm thinking of selling it and waiting for an ESB/RotJ version. I haven't opened it yet as I'm still on the fence about keeping it.

The model stomps all over the old sideshow 2008 release, he looks more bulky angry and imposing, and the face grills detail blows the SS one out of the water.

the older SS model looks like a toy in comparison , ESB version is still cool, but still, looks a bit skinny compared to HT

but yay!!! finally have a HT vader, the bestest vader! (screw those hands on the ANH HT version though)

The model stomps all over the old sideshow 2008 release, he looks more bulky angry and imposing, and the face grills detail blows the SS one out of the water.

the older SS model looks like a toy in comparison , ESB version is still cool, but still, looks a bit skinny compared to HT

but yay!!! finally have a HT vader, the bestest vader! (screw those hands on the ANH HT version though)

SSC ANH Vader looks like a freaky mutant compared to any of the HT versions.

Thanks, I got one from Popcultcha last month during their sale so definitely not a pre-order unless it was old stock. I'm thinking of selling it and waiting for an ESB/RotJ version. I haven't opened it yet as I'm still on the fence about keeping it.

I was curious to see if the one I got from Popcultcha had the excl. backdrop, checked on it and sure enough, mine has one. Cool!
I think the last of the R1 Vaders at Popcultcha must've been the first ones they received at the bottom of the stack.

As for selling it, how many Vaders do you want, and what depiction of Vader is your favorite; ESB, R1, ANH, Jedi?
I'd wait and see, I doubt R1 Vader will go down in value much with the announcement of HT ESB or Jedi Vader.

Not sure how the prices on the aftermarket will change, but this RO Vader figure will be associated with the amazing scenes he had in RO. If only he had a light-up saber arm. For myself, this counts as RO/ANH, while I'm also interested in getting a ESB and/or ROTJ Vader as well.

I was curious to see if the one I got from Popcultcha had the excl. backdrop, checked on it and sure enough, mine has one. Cool!
I think the last of the R1 Vaders at Popcultcha must've been the first ones they received at the bottom of the stack.

As for selling it, how many Vaders do you want, and what depiction of Vader is your favorite; ESB, R1, ANH, Jedi?
I'd wait and see, I doubt R1 Vader will go down in value much with the announcement of HT ESB or Jedi Vader.

I only want one Vader and Jedi is my favorite depiction. I have the SS Deluxe, the SS ANH body suit & shin guards and the HT R1. I was thinking about mixing and matching some parts to hopefully end up with a great Vader but then I got thinking... If I just sell off what I have and wait it out, I'll have more than enough to spend on Hot Toys' eventual Jedi Vader and that will most likely be close enough for me out of the box.

I only want one Vader and Jedi is my favorite depiction. I have the SS Deluxe, the SS ANH body suit & shin guards and the HT R1. I was thinking about mixing and matching some parts to hopefully end up with a great Vader but then I got thinking... If I just sell off what I have and wait it out, I'll have more than enough to spend on Hot Toys' eventual Jedi Vader and that will most likely be close enough for me out of the box.

Yeah I think selling it off and grabbing HT's ESB or Jedi Vader would be the right way to go then. There are quite a few differences between the film versions of Vader, a hodgepodge Vader might satisfy your fix for awhile, until you see the official HT ESB or Jedi Vader and you'll immediately want to sell it off and get the new version. Best to do that now while there's interest in those parts.

For me it was going to be ANH Vader because I love the wonkiness of the costume and it's the first depiction of him, and ESB Vader because I love the scene between him and Luke on Bespin, then Rogue One happened and I had to have that version too. :lol

Yeah I think selling it off and grabbing HT's ESB or Jedi Vader would be the right way to go then. There are quite a few differences between the film versions of Vader, a hodgepodge Vader might satisfy your fix for awhile, until you see the official HT ESB or Jedi Vader and you'll immediately want to sell it off and get the new version. Best to do that now while there's interest in those parts.

For me it was going to be ANH Vader because I love the wonkiness of the costume and it's the first depiction of him, and ESB Vader because I love the scene between him and Luke on Bespin, then Rogue One happened and I had to have that version too. :lol

It's such a slippery slope with Vader because his looks vary and each is great and it's so easy to display him with in any number of ways.

Im forcing myself to stick to just one so thanks for confirming my thoughts. Oh it just kills me to sell him!

It's such a slippery slope with Vader because his looks vary and each is great and it's so easy to display him with in any number of ways.

Im forcing myself to stick to just one so thanks for confirming my thoughts. Oh it just kills me to sell him!

Rogue One Vader will retain it value I think. Keep him until they announce the ESB or Jedi Vader. You might just decide that you need two Vaders in your collection if you do that though. :lol

I have 2 Vader figures remaining in my collection: modded HT ANH (JazzInc weathering & electronics, and R1 gloves) and Medi ROTJ. Used to have SSC ANH, Medi ROTS and R1, but sold all of them. Will definitely want an HT ESB or ROTJ Vader.

At least we Vader fans only have 4 versions to fret over. Imagine being an Iron Man collector!

Back