Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's 100% accurate to the paint of the Vader mask in ANH which is what Lucasfilm copied when they made R1.
Also, the orbit and bridge of the nose are painted in the same dark gunmetal color, they did this so the Vader mask would show more of it's shape on film with the contrasting colors:
View attachment 342893

I believe they did the same color variation for Vader's mask in ESB & ROTJ, but the whole helmet in those two films is a bit different; there's no widows peak on the brow of the dome and the triangular vent on his chin is larger. Also, the right side tusk is darker and appears smaller on the ANH and R1 Vader masks.
The ROTS Vader mask is very different from all of them, it's symmetrical. The shape of the actual helmet of the OT Vader masks and dome are very asymmetrical. This image of the ANH helmet shows just how asymmetrical the Original Trilogy helmet is:
View attachment 342894
Thanks for your reply. Strange that the ht ANH version doesn't have that. It has it sculpted, but it is painted gunmetal.

Thanks for your reply. Strange that the ht ANH version doesn't have that. It has it sculpted, but it is painted gunmetal.

Darth Vader helmet ANH paint.jpg

Vader ANH 01.jpg

Just wanted to chime on some of the previous comments about accuracy and wants for display. I love SW but not a 'lets make it super accurate' type. I have this RO as my only Vader. The only way I'll buy another Vader is if it's a DX and comes with a base and/or unmasked head. I'm not kidding when I say the first time I realized that DV's robes go over the armor in ANH is when I saw the promo pics for HT's ANH Vader lol. There's lot of people who give 2 ****s about whether or not the helmet has every slight ding or accent on it, but love collecting these figures. I'm learning a lot more now that I've been on this site.

I wanted the RO version more than the ANH because of the gloves but I wouldn't in a million years know of the difference and desire for the gloves if I hadn't read this forum lol.

We have Vader!! It arrived today; I'll post photos once I figure out how to move the robes over the armor (I much prefer his original look).

What wonderful material that cape is! It has an awesome drape, almost as is it's weighted (is it?). I'm not sure I'll need another Vader now. I don't see the need for the ESB, but might consider the Jedi one, assuming the unmasked Anakin looks good... although it was kind of a silly, Humpty Dumpty-like appearance in the movie.

Mine arrived from PC today too!

I have to take inventory on what Vader parts I have that I want to use on this RO and what I can sell off.

I'm thinking of using SS Deluxe cod piece, chest box and belt on the RO Vader.

I also have the SS ANH shin guards and body suit but I haven't looked at these side by side yet.

Mine arrived from PC today too!

I have to take inventory on what Vader parts I have that I want to use on this RO and what I can sell off.

I'm thinking of using SS Deluxe cod piece, chest box and belt on the RO Vader.

I also have the SS ANH shin guards and body suit but I haven't looked at these side by side yet.

You'll like the ANH shin guards much better. I'd go rogue one suit as it's much much nicer. Here's my Vader with many sideshow deluxe parts

d2480ab2e939a5402503e847d3a552c7.jpg

You'll like the ANH shin guards much better. I'd go rogue one suit as it's much much nicer. Here's my Vader with many sideshow deluxe parts

d2480ab2e939a5402503e847d3a552c7.jpg

Thanks for the advice. I picked up ANH suit to replace the Deluxe suit. It was thicker and worked better with those oven mitts.

What did you use on your RO Vader?

It's probably in this thread someplace, but what's the easiest way to move the tunic over the armor? I tried just pulling it but it doesn't seem to have that much give.

Thanks

It's probably in this thread someplace, but what's the easiest way to move the tunic over the armor? I tried just pulling it but it doesn't seem to have that much give.

Thanks

Finally someone who wants to actually make it R1 accurate! :lol

At least that I've seen.

I'm not sure though, as I don't have the figure. I'm sure there's someone who has taken the figure apart and knows the intricacies of it. However, if I'm not mistaken, I think the armor on this figure is held down to the body by Velcro from what I vaguely recall hearing? I could be mistaken though. If it is, perhaps that's why it's not just pulling right off.

It's very easy. Pop the head off and remove the shoulder armor then pull up some tunic slack from the belt, then replace the shoulder armor/ cape. The shoulder armor is held in the front by a roughly 1" square of velcro

I may have to try this out. The shin guards are the one thing I am not thrilled about with RO Vader. Well that and the cod piece.

Zack_g awesome looking Vader man!

This is a picture I took of mine that's been edited in Instagram:
13728f0a1a08fc2331b6c126a3e9003c.png

Hi everybody.
I am new with this figure, want to fix errors and accurate the damn bugger as much as I can, but I am overwhelmed with the loads of data on this thread and the thread for the other, previous HT Vader.

I'd need any knowledgeable among you, who has been around for some time, to summarize what problem the ANH Vader had which were fixed in this version, which problems remained, and what new problems this figure has.

That being said, I do have done some research, and I'd need a bit of help with the results:

1) Somebody has complained about the "nose plug" not being fixed in this edition. I don't even know what they are talking about. What's that plug, and what's the issue with it exactly? Is there a fix?

2) There is a problem with the lower leg armor, that I know. It doesn't fit. But how exactly? Can anybody show pictures of the problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks everybody,
m.

Back