Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My waitlist reservation is out for delivery right now. It converted early last week, and I placed the order on Dec 16th right after seeing the movie. Congrats on getting one, Jutty. I can't wait!

32787714845_ac8081f7b4_o.jpg

Interesting news on the conversions. I placed a reservation at 11:49 PM on the 16th. There may still be hope that I won't have to drop $300+ to get this.

Wow - this guy is nearly 13 3/4" tall.:horror

I think SSC ANH Vader still holds the record as the tallest 1/6 Vader (a touch over 14" - about a full inch too tall,) but man I wish someone would release a Vader that was down toward an even 13" as he should be.

I guess too tall is better than too short for Vader, but it's hard to reduce the height because they make all the parts slightly oversized to fit the larger size.

The new guy is 6' 7". Add about 3" for boots and helmet..that puts him in the neighborhood of 6' 10". At 1/6 scale, that puts him pretty close to what I'm looking at in hand.

Let's say an actor is 6' 6". Add about 3" for boots and helmet..that puts him in the neighborhood of 6' 9". At 1/6 scale, that puts the figure at 13 1/2". The new guy is taller than Prowse I think? Size seems close to me.

Forget actor heights because (for the most part) they are unreliable fan-related data and vary with age, and any guesswork about heights of boots etc. Just go by screen captures and relative heights seen onscreen. Vader just isn't as tall as people seem to assume, mostly because he's so often shot from a low angle.

The top of both Lando and Tarkin's heads come up to Vader's eyes. Veers looks almost eye-to-eye/level with Vader. The top of Fett's helmet comes up to the top of Vader's eye lenses in many scenes (yes, not the same actor in ESB Fett suit in a couple of scenes.) Most of these - Lando, Tarkin, Fett, Veers - would be standard 12" tall figures in 1/6 (though yes, some of these actors are a little over 6' tall.) Vader's not a head taller than everyone else in the OT - he's maybe half a head.

Vader in 1/6 should be a little over 13" tall. While 1/2" to 3/4" overheight may not seem to be much, in 1/6 that's a lot. I understand many don't care and want an "imposing" Vader figure who "towers" over other figures on the shelf. I just want him the same relative height he is in the movies. And closing in on 14" in height isn't it.

And there were several different people (I think three) who played Vader in RO, and he's not seen in ways that make it easy to compare his height to others, so that's much harder to calculate. But... that Vader seen briefly in RO IS supposed to be ANH Vader, so the above still technically stands, even for RO.

Should have My Vader in-hand today, if the postman makes it through the snow.

Sorry if this is mentioned already but anyone figured out how to mod the blade to look more RED or even have a glowing effect??

Yeah, I was thinking of what would happen. I'm getting him soon so I'll see:) It's definitely not going to fit in this so I gotta take the acrylic case off or get it made to fit him.

did all the RO vaders include the cardboard back drop thing? would like one to go behind by RO stormy as well but wasnt one included with that fig and surprised not to see any for sale via those parting out vader on bay.

Back