Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SS ANH ones I have are fixed as well. They are a lot more durable than my Hot Toys as well. My Hot Toys belt box hooks broke off of my belt as I was posing my Vader. The saber hook is thicker too which make it hard (not impossible) to hang the Hot Toys hilt.

bebe, do the belt boxes move at all side to side on the SS belt? Or are they fixed?

I just bought the SS light up Chest box and Belt Boxes off of eBay. I'll report back when I receive them and my R1 Vader :).

:duff Thanks grevious. I've been considering grabbing them to go for the ESB look every once in a while as well since the Rogue One Vader has the high gloss.

If anyone spots a Rogue One helmet (and they don't want it) let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously? That doesn't bode well at all. I have a bad feeling we will be receiving an email regarding vendor shortage and a cancellation of PO notice. I'm tempted now to snag one for $300 before the prices go up again. It'll cost me $40 more than BBTS after shipping but at least I get the figure.

At this point, I'd just wait for the ESB Vader from HT. We all know it's likely right around the corner.

Now could someone tell me if the Rogue One cape And inner robes would fit properly on my SS Vader.

Now could someone tell me if the Rogue One cape And inner robes would fit properly on my SS Vader.

Here's a quick shot of the SS ROTJ vader with the RO cape. Seems to work just fine, and don't see why the tunic wouldn't work as well. Keep in mind I shortened the torso by about 1/4 inch, so the cape is a bit long for my figure.

I like your vader, and also plan to use a RO head when I get it in the mail.
20170117_224233_LLS-1_zpsmmdzpbtu.jpg

Here's a quick shot of the SS ROTJ vader with the RO cape. Seems to work just fine, and don't see why the tunic wouldn't work as well. Keep in mind I shortened the torso by about 1/4 inch, so the cape is a bit long for my figure.

I like your vader, and also plan to use a RO head when I get it in the mail.
20170117_224233_LLS-1_zpsmmdzpbtu.jpg

Ok good to know! I am debating the other additions (Helmet and robes), but I needed that HT helmet on there..I always thought the new SS suit was amazing and gave Vader an intimidating presence.

The Rogue One Vader is still the best out of the box Vader to get. I really really hope HT follows up on their 1/4 scAle Vader.

Where did you purchase your RO Vader helmet from??

Where did you purchase your RO Vader helmet from??

I got it off ebay from coolqueenyc. I actually cobbled together my RO from various parts purchased mostly from ebay and stuff I already had, because I canceled my original preorder like a moron. I'm using the HT ANH head (polished) and chest box, and the belt and gloves from the original SS ANH.

Regarding the cape, I still think I prefer the SS one on this particular ESB/ROTJ figure. You can get it to drape very nicely with the DI water trick.

Rogue One chin grill is wrong size if you're trying to make an ESB or RotJ version.

Yes, of course. But ESB/ROTJ wouldn't have a widow's peak or lowered dome either, which I prefer on any Vader.

I wonder when Sideshowtoy.com will open up the review option for this figure.
I've posted reviews for all of my figures so far and I'm a little surprised it's not open yet.
Even though their Hot Toys Deadpool sold out quick, that review option was up within a week.

Yes there is a customer review for any items that have been released [no pre-orders]. There's no direct link, just pick a Hot Toy or Sideshow Collectible 1/6 figure and the customer reviews are on the main page towards the lower half of the page.

Maybe theyre scared of people complaining how quickly they sold out. They'll open it up when they make the second batch [emoji3]

Back