Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't hot toys just do ESB then? it is not much of a difference.

I really hope they take the time to give us a great ESB Vader, whether it is sixth or quarter (please) scale. I want to cloud city diorama for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got mine yesterday and I can't stop looking at it! Its looks so good!

16196385_10207710614789013_1089907048_o.jpg

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
Thanks Phoenix, no modding required is a big plus.

Doh! I didn't realize I totally copied what you did a few posts back:slap. Sorry. I was trying to keep that left hand on and friction wasn't working.

Yes, the SS ESB/ROTJ body is actually fatter than the RO body, so they should fit. The SS ANH lower torso is actually very thin - I had to extend both the belt and cod piece straps from that set to fit the RO body.

I have Rogue One Vader for sale. Check out the sales thread! Cheaper than what you see on eBay.

What are the potential better points of an ESB Vader over Rogue One Vader ?
Gloves look simpler in my opinion.
What else ?

No makeshift pleats? Possible slight wear and tear, aka weathering? Only slightly obviously, this is Hot Toys after all, but still.

Not really sure what else the difference would be. I know the helmet changes slightly. So, that and the gloves and lack of pleats would be the biggest changes, I think. More spare hand options would be good too, preferably with pegs in each of them, lol.

Hopefully a cloud city diorama stand :)

Yes! Well I think the Empire Vader should have something else to make it stand out from the other 2 Vaders. I don't think any of the Vaders have a really stand out base yet. Why not recreate Star Wars' most iconic moment; when Vader reveals he is Lukes father.

Yes! Well I think the Empire Vader should have something else to make it stand out from the other 2 Vaders. I don't think any of the Vaders have a really stand out base yet. Why not recreate Star Wars' most iconic, memorable moment; when Vader reveals he is Lukes father.

I hate light up features because HT can't implement it simply. It's always pain in the ... . They should rather invest the effort into suit. And do not repeat this hideous codpiece again.

I read the review on Crawford's website about this Vader having loose legs. Anyone other than him experience issues with loose joints on this Vader?

I read the review on Crawford's website about this Vader having loose legs. Anyone other than him experience issues with loose joints on this Vader?

His hips and knees are a tad loose, which makes the legs tend to flail outwards and the knees bend when I futz with the figure, but nothing bad enough to impact posing.

I literally spent a half hour yesterday just staring at Vader and futzing as I stared. Such an amazing figure. My girlfriend came home and asked what I was doing...I had no idea what to say except molesting my Vader.

Does anyone have this for close to retail anymore? I've been looking all over with no luck.

SOL bro! When I saw him going on WL at SS I jumped on BBTS and put in my per-order there and also hit the WL button at SS.

It's frustrating (given the movie is still fresh in everyone's mind) but this fig will go on PO again. The question is do you want to pay more while the movie is exciting and fresh in your mind, or wait until the movie is more of a Blu Ray and in the past - but pay reg retail.

My dealer just got my Vader in with his second wave of pickups at Sideshow, plus my waitlist is still in place with confirmation from Sideshow that it will remain active as long as it seems like orders will get filled. They only closed waitlist because the waitlist exploded.

It's frustrating (given the movie is still fresh in everyone's mind) but this fig will go on PO again. The question is do you want to pay more while the movie is exciting and fresh in your mind, or wait until the movie is more of a Blu Ray and in the past - but pay reg retail.

Well, my love for SW ain't going anywhere so I guess I can wait if you think this will go up for PO in the future. Not my ideal choice but I'd rather not pay $100 more than retail.

Back