Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, lookalikes can work.

star-wars-cosplay-4.jpg

I've been here from the start man. That's why I mentioned it. The latest trailer also confirmed no lightsaber......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. Just cuz we don't see it for the few seconds he's in the trailer, doesn't mean he won't use it in the movie ...

Honestly...

I'd like to see him in battle without his lightsaber. It could be refreshing.
Use force moves and some type of hand to hand.

I'd like to think he just as dangerous without it and would generally use it in a lightsaber duel or as a tool.

But then again, the public wants to see slicing of body parts ;)

Honestly...

I'd like to think he just as dangerous without it and would generally use it in a lightsaber duel or as a tool.

But then again, the public wants to see slicing of body parts ;)

Exactly.

To me a master user of the force should only need a light saber for fighting one another.

I'd prefer to see Vader casually use the surrounding landscape or infrastructure against the rebels.

Last edited:
Exactly.

To me a master welder of the force should only need a light saber for fighting one another.

I'd prefer to see Vader casually use the surrounding landscape or infrastructure against the rebels.

Yes that would be cool, but he'd still need to be able to defend himself from incoming blaster fire... He'd definately be the main target of any rebel running around with a gun. He'd only be able to deflect so much using his hands like in ESB or Kylo Ren in TFA.

Honestly...

I'm fine either way whether he does or doesn't wield it, and if he doesn't wield it, this is precisely why I'd be fine with it.

With Darth Vader and the lightsaber controversy of 2016 haha...as long as it is a solid film and he is used correctly than I don't really care about the lightsaber being used. I just want a good film.

I mean I won't lie that it would be cool. I'm torn because this will be the last and best chance since the ROTJ iteration to see Darth Vader in action. It would be cool to see his force and sabre wielding with updated effects. At the same time, the emotional and significant lightsaber battles with Luke were amazing and I could just rewatch those haha.

In terms of the figure....I don't care if he ignites his sabre or not, this should come with a blade!!! I wouldn't even care if it is led lighted or not, get that red blade on there Hot Toys hahah.

He didn't use a lightsaber in ROTS.... as the masked man we all love anyway.

Like I said...last and best chance since ROTJ to see him in action. I skipped over that one [emoji854]...

Tho...I will be getting the 1/4 scale Vader, which is ROTS and he actually has an ignited sabre!

If this truly is the last time we see Vader on the big screen, I really don't want to see him do some George Lucas-cgi-ninja flips and swinging his lightsaber like he's trying to swat a mosquito on crack (ala yoda on ep II)

Please regain his dignity after that whole "Nnnnnooooooooooo" thing

If this truly is the last time we see Vader on the big screen, I really don't want to see him do some George Lucas-cgi-ninja flips and swinging his lightsaber like he's trying to swat a mosquito on crack (ala yoda on ep II)

Please regain his dignity after that whole "Nnnnnooooooooooo" thing

Yes exactly, and it seems like they won't. It would be very contrary to what we have seen so far in the trailers...which is real action, a lot of practical effects. How they present Vader will really effect the legacy of this film for me...even with him being such a minor character. Just like how ROTS Vader effected the legacy of that film for myself and many others. You have to treat this iconic characters with a lot of faithful attention to detail. But we will see....we will seeeee!

Back