Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like rubbing wear against the post as opposed to pleather deterioration. He shouldn't be rubbing Vaders crotch so much.

Seems the owner lives in a hot humid location, and he is not alone with this issue on Vader. Hot and humid locations of the customers are still not an excuse for the crappy pleather (and rubber) HT uses for years.

Seems the owner lives in a hot humid location, and he is not alone with this issue on Vader. Hot and humid locations of the customers are still not an excuse for the crappy pleather (and rubber) HT uses for years.

Jokes aside, humidity does seem to be very unkind to HT materials over time. You're right, they could use better materials but I don't see it happening.

Jokes aside, humidity does seem to be very unkind to HT materials over time. You're right, they could use better materials but I don't see it happening.

That'd just make these figures even more expensive, and the prices are already always going up gradually.

You’d think that a company based in one of the most humid places in the world would make figures that can withstand that kind of climate, wouldn’t you?

Be that as it may, such pictures, if the stand really is to blame, make me even more relucant to display my HT figures on a stand. Many of them don’t really need them especially if they’re in a museum pose, and I hate that there’s little uniformity from figure to figure, when it comes to those stands.

Who knows though. Maybe that collector repeatedly took Vader off the stand and in doing so the stand scraped the fabric off. I would avoid having anything touch the pleather like a stand anyway.

I have the r1 Vader on display and the 1/4 scale, no issues luckily. However, since I unboxed them. I never touch or pose them, have never even changed a hand. Museum poses only to admire the outfits/sculpts for me.

I don?t think they?re intended to be handled often. Especially the ones covered in cheap pleather.

Hands are greasy, climates play a role, etc.

I keep hearing this about Vader, but I swear, I haven't seen a single HT Vader that has the typical pleather peel that typically occurs. That one that was shown was more from the stand than anything. I've had the RO Vader on display and actually with the crotch grabber for at least 3 years. I ran to check it after seeing that post but it's perfectly fine, I articulated the figure and suit and it's all fine.

I have the original SS ANH Vader (2009) and the SS Deluxe Esb/ROTJ Vader (2014) as well as the HT ANH Vader (2015). On display since maybe 2016 (about 4 1/2 years), all on stands with crotch grabbers, all fine.

Hope they stay that way. I have the original Medicom ROTJ Vader (2003 or 2004?) too. He's new in the box, never opened. That thing supposedly shredded over time. Mine still looks like brand new in the box. I'm afraid of ever opening and displaying that one...:lol

It's also about your location. I'm in EU and not that worried about my figures as they are like new, but people in Asia have a lot of issues with their pleather suited figures. It also seems the Sideshow pleather is higher quality than Hot Toys pleather. HT could offer an "elite" line or something with parts made of real leather, there will be collectors who would rather buy those with more $ than have a figure disintegrate after some years.

But there is a guy on FB making real leather suits for HT Vader figures: https://www.facebook.com/risecollectible.toys/

Need help guys.
I'm trying to remove the feet pegs from the boots (one is broken. but it's super hard.
Any ideas?

While I'm at it, any idea what the best method to modify the lower pointy parts of the boots shin guards?

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Need help guys.
I'm trying to remove the feet pegs from the boots (one is broken. but it's super hard.
Any ideas?

While I'm at it, any idea what the best method to modify the lower pointy parts of the boots shin guards?

Thanks guys

Use a hair dryer to heat the area

Back