Hot Toys Rogue One Vader MMS388

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
18513061_813951532088017_5544464932713529344_n.jpg

Got my Rogue One Vader in last week from Popcultcha and finished off (for now) my A New Hope display. I know his robes aren't accurate to the movie but I prefer this look, and I'm also not great at messing with these guys haha. I still have to futz up Chewie!

Great set up Dukefett! Two to Three is the best way to display in a Detolf, unfortunately it means I need more Detolfs.

Thanks! Yeah totally, if I'm paying $200+ for figures, they gotta be on the upper two shelves for me. If I branch out I'll need some more too!

Cool shelves dukefett!

I'm down for an ESB or ROTJ Vader too. This one is great and I consider it my RO/ANH Vader, but I want another one as well.

Very true, he's the last figure to make that scene in a display. And it does seem to be where it's heading.

Now that the DX line is back, I hope Vader is one of them. Give him two heads: one helmeted and one with removable dome and face mask. Also two capes: one regular and one wired like the Suicide Squad Batman. The base could be a diorama of Bespin platform or Death Star II.

Just wait. When ESB Vader hit the PO ppl will desperately try to get rid of this for a ridiculous prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah. Not selling my Rogue one Vader. He's shiny and epic !!

DX could be interesting. I don't like how they do multiple DXs of the same characters.

It may be buried in this thread somewhere, but I assume some people are using the RO Vader to stand in as ANH Vader. Are the figures fairly similar?

It may be buried in this thread somewhere, but I assume some people are using the RO Vader to stand in as ANH Vader. Are the figures fairly similar?

I had both, kept the Jazzinc modded ANH (with RO gloves). If you want a true ANH Vader then you might get better with modding the HT ANH version. RO is too shiny for ANH, and has a few other changes that are ok for RO but not for ANH. If you don't care about ANH accuracy then go with any of the two

Just wait. When ESB Vader hit the PO ppl will desperately try to get rid of this for a ridiculous prices.

I own the ANH and R1 Vaders and will buy at least one more, either the ESB or ROTJ. I want them representing different scenes from different movies. R1 will be in battle with my Rebel fleet trooper (I wish HT would get to these guys soon!), ANH will be in the Jazz Inc. Tantive 4 doorway with troopers, and either ESB or ROTJ will be battling Luke.
I'll draw the line at owning more than 3 HT Vaders. :lol

Find it odd the number of times that it's been said here that when an empire vader is released we will all be falling over ourselves to sell the Rogue One vader. I really doubt that. Unless you are super-picky as to the specific differences in costume (and I imagine the majority really arent) then I can't see how any future vader would significantly improve on this. To my eye, the Rogue One vader is just about near perfect. I will not be selling it.....ever. and I can't see me ever having a need to buy any future Vader's.

Find it odd the number of times that it's been said here that when an empire vader is released we will all be falling over ourselves to sell the Rogue One vader. I really doubt that. Unless you are super-picky as to the specific differences in costume (and I imagine the majority really arent) then I can't see how any future vader would significantly improve on this. To my eye, the Rogue One vader is just about near perfect. I will not be selling it.....ever. and I can't see me ever having a need to buy any future Vader's.

I get what you're saying, but lots of Star Wars fans are *very* picky. Obsessive fandom aside, I have items in my collection that are absolutely keepers, for sure - in fact I've spent enough time geeking out and obsessing to see that they all are.

But one thing the years have taught me in regards to this wacky hobby: never say never. ;)

Wrong, Zed. Majority of collectors is very picky. Doing all those custom changes to get a step closer to what is for them an ultimate Vader. Also every version of Vader sell well, ppl will buy the new and better one and ditch the RO and ANH asap. I'm pretty sure.

Wrong, Zed. Majority of collectors is very picky. Doing all those custom changes to get a step closer to what is for them an ultimate Vader. Also every version of Vader sell well, ppl will buy the new and better one and ditch the RO and ANH asap. I'm pretty sure.

I doubt that's the case, the people who post here for example will be the minority of people who actually bought this Vader. I think when you are a member of a community like this it's easy to believe that everyone thinks the same. My money would be on that most buyers (how many of these figures do hot toys sell?) aren't as picky at all. I bet it isn't even 1% of Star Wars fans (and there are millions of us) who would have the first clue as to how Vader's costume changed from film to film. I'm a 40 year star wars obsessive, but those finer points mostly pass me by.

Back