Hot Toys Rogue One Stormtrooper MMS393

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll wait to see the movie and then some reviews/videos of the figures, but so far everything about these RO stormtroopers look like hot garbage to me. Funny, since I'm really loving the rest of the production design.

I missed the ANH regular troopers so I'll just keep waiting for a ESB or ROTJ version to go with my ANH sandtrooper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doesn't matter to me, if I like the way it looks I'm getting it. So I'll be getting this trooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll wait to see the movie and then some reviews/videos of the figures, but so far everything about these RO stormtroopers look like hot garbage to me. Funny, since I'm really loving the rest of the production design.

I missed the ANH regular troopers so I'll just keep waiting for a ESB or ROTJ version to go with my ANH sandtrooper.

Why would you wait to see the movie? Does that really have any bearing on whether or not you buy the toys associated with it?

Overall I like the new cleaned up Stormies. I like all the added and sharpened details, especially on the helmet. If I had to really nitpick, the only changes I don’t like are the banana hammock codpiece and the little flare of the shin armor at the ankles. But that doesn’t bother me to the point where I’m going to dismiss the entire character. Just my personal taste, after all. Not sure I’m getting anything RO, but if I did, I’d get this guy.

Why would you wait to see the movie? Does that really have any bearing on whether or not you buy the toys associated with it?

Of course it does, always. Does that make me an outlier?

In this case, I'm just waiting to see if the armor looks as awkward in the film as it seems so far (to me, of course).

I'm torn on this. I passed on the first HT OTC stormie cuz I still have a Medi one...I do regret it.

I really like how the RO Stormie turned out. Something bout it looks like they refined everything to make it look more proportional and symmetrical. But that kinda makes no sense since this is supposed to be before Ep IV.
I was going to get this anyway but then I did this...

Screen_Shot_2016_10_17_at_1_22_00_PM.png

There is something about the OTC that just says classic Stormtrooper. Maybe it's nostalgia maybe it's just the fact that is what we've seen for decades.
So I am conflicted again! ha

But I do also like the price point on the RO Stormie.

Love first world problems :lol

Are the differences between these two? Yes. But playing devils advocate, from a continuity standpoint....couldn't the differences be explained away by the troopers wearing the armor be different sized individuals? By saying they are different....one must assume every trooper is the same weight, build, etc.

Are the differences between these two? Yes. But playing devils advocate, from a continuity standpoint....couldn't the differences be explained away by the troopers wearing the armor be different sized individuals? By saying they are different....one must assume every trooper is the same weight, build, etc.

We already got the Hot Toys tall an short Stormtroopers

That picture just made my decision even more clear. No RO stormies for me.

There's lots of weird proportions - the shoulders are slightly too big, the leg armour is too chunky and the flare at the bottom looks fussy (though I suppose stormtroopers wearing flares is very seventies!).

The best stormtrooper Ht will ever release will be when they do a 'stunt' stormtrooper - the ANH armour plus a cleaned up sand trooper helmet.

Proportion is more than just height though. I think it's cool to have a few different designs/shapes.

Of course it does, always. Does that make me an outlier?

In this case, I'm just waiting to see if the armor looks as awkward in the film as it seems so far (to me, of course).

Sorry - that was sarcasm on my part. People buy figures, then see the movie, then perhaps have a tinge of buyer's remorse if that character doesn't quite emerge as what they thought. We call it the "Phasma Effect." The current one-to-watch is Death Trooper.

Sorry - that was sarcasm on my part. People buy figures, then see the movie, then perhaps have a tinge of buyer's remorse if that character doesn't quite emerge as what they thought. We call it the "Phasma Effect." The current one-to-watch is Death Trooper.

Ha, yeah no worries. I have seen a few people make comments like that in seriousness though, and it just leaves me scratching my head.

And yeah, I'm in the same boat with the Death Trooper. They look amazing but I'm waiting to make sure they're not another TFA snowtrooper and flametrooper that's barely on screen.

Krennic and Death Trooper are more only likely purchases from RO... so as long as the DTs are around Krennic I'll feel justified.

Still ain't biting until I see the movie though, in case Krennic himself is lame.

Would be a shame, as I think a Krennic with Death Trooper would look very nice paired with my Kylo Ren and my Jakku-trooper.

Krennic and Death Trooper are more only likely purchases from RO... so as long as the DTs are around Krennic I'll feel justified.

Still ain't biting until I see the movie though, in case Krennic himself is lame.

Would be a shame, as I think a Krennic with Death Trooper would look very nice paired with my Kylo Ren and my Jakku-trooper.

Krennic would also work as a generic Imperial/Death Star officer. You see a few Krennic types in the backgrounds of ANH.

Like many, I missed out on the ANH stormtrooper so I'm getting this one for my OT stormtrooper in my collection. I will finally have the last piece in my stormtrooper evolution display and at a great price. :clap

Back