Hot Toys Rogue One Stormtrooper MMS393

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the price, not much else. Good for anyone who missed the anh versions. But those are the way to go.

I'm torn on this. I passed on the first HT OTC stormie cuz I still have a Medi one...I do regret it.

I really like how the RO Stormie turned out. Something bout it looks like they refined everything to make it look more proportional and symmetrical. But that kinda makes no sense since this is supposed to be before Ep IV.
I was going to get this anyway but then I did this...

Screen_Shot_2016_10_17_at_1_22_00_PM.png

There is something about the OTC that just says classic Stormtrooper. Maybe it's nostalgia maybe it's just the fact that is what we've seen for decades.
So I am conflicted again! ha

But I do also like the price point on the RO Stormie.

Love first world problems :lol

Looks like a storm trooper to me....even after reading about the differences...
Probably the thing I hate most about the Star Wars section. The differences in looks I can see when side by side but most are things that would never bother me if they weren't pointed out. I love the Original Trilogy as much as the next person but every minute thing being over analyzed with fans going over how it's not exactly like the original gets a bit tiring to read.

Probably the thing I hate most about the Star Wars section. The differences in looks I can see when side by side but most are things that would never bother me if they weren't pointed out. I love the Original Trilogy as much as the next person but every minute thing being over analyzed with fans going over how it's not exactly like the original gets a bit tiring to read.

Passionate fan base on all levels........I'm not one to over analyze things so I find a lot of the discussions tweaking minute details overkill but to each their own. For my own perspective, they look like storm troopers and that's all I need..

In all honesty, if I were to look at this side-by-side without any prior knowledge (from this and previous stormtrooper threads) of the differences I would have no idea which one was OT and which was Rogue 1.

I actually like how the Rogue 1 figure doesn't look like he's shrugging. Helmet-wise, I could go either way. Neither stand out as superior nor inferior. The bigger chest armor on the OT trooper does look better side-by-side though, but that's pretty much it :dunno

IMO, both are great!

Is that a fact? I haven't seen much on that figure, is it being made weathered? The Luke wasn't.

Noooo, sorry, that was me guessing. If they did that first they could squeeze an extra figure out of the same mould.

This sort of discussion used to leave me cold but after a while it becomes weirdly compelling. I'll never care enough about it to join the experts but I do find it interesting and I do see that different armour and buckets, which ostensibly look the same, actually have different 'personalities'. I obviously need to get out more.

Read the "Sideshow Freaks: Cliff Notes" like me. :)

After 10 years I've gone numb to it all. It's really not the "experts" so much as the constant influx of newbs, especially around film openings, who come in and post things like "what are the differences between Vader's helmets" that make me go "oh no, here we go again". :lol

Life's like that -- there's no end to newbs. Heaven is a place of experts.

Read the "Sideshow Freaks: Cliff Notes" like me. :)

After 10 years I've gone numb to it all. It's really not the "experts" so much as the constant influx of newbs, especially around film openings, who come in and post things like "what are the differences between Vader's helmets" that make me go "oh no, here we go again". :lol

Life's like that -- there's no end to newbs. Heaven is a place of experts.

Well that's specifically what I asked in one of these threads so I'm assuming you're talking about me. I get it. For seasoned collectors it's probably annoying for someone to rustle up a beat down topic. Fact is, I really don't know the difference and I was curious, period. Sorry (not sorry) if that bothers you. It's been said before, but everyone's a "newbie" at some point.

Maybe I'm taking your post too personally but I'd like to think someone like me who doesn't know a lot about figures or the industry in general can come into a forum like this at ask a question without being looked down on.

I can definitely notice the differences when looking at them, especially side by side, but I don't mind and actually really like the RO troopers. Like others have said, I think both are great and are just different interpretations of an awesome, iconic armor.

I'm alot younger than most OT fanatics on here. I grew up with the prequel trilogy. ROTS was the first Star Wars movie I saw in theaters, so I grew up with Commander Cody, the 501st, and all the differently painted Clone armors. I remember thinking it was weird that it went to just plain white Stormtroopers in ANH when I was younger. But I also always loved the OT too and thought the Stormtroopers were great. So yeah, right now all I'm thinking is "cool, new troopers" and really digging all the new TFA and RO stuff. I can't wait to see "classic" Stormtroopers on the big screen for the first time, even though I know alot of people on here think they aren't classic.

Back