Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they are soldiers, and the Empire is busy. Depending on the action they see, I don't think the armor stays pristine on all Troopers for very long.

And it's just the ranting of a deranged SW fan, not official canon. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as I'm concerned these are actually Scout Troopers. I definitely think this Trooper is a Scout precursor. The armor is clearly older and yellowed, and there's a lot of color on them, indicating to me that they were standard issue after the Clone Wars ended. Once they retired the design it was replaced with the Scout Trooper design we are familiar with.

I also consider the Stormtrooper armor from Rogue One to be an older design, replaced by the armor design in the OT. Though subtle, if you look carefully the Stormtrooper armor has a ton of differences in R1 from the traditional Trooper armor in the OT.

Actually in the first Jedha sequence in Rogue One, when Bodhi (the pilot) is being taken to Saws rebels, you can see one of them wearing a Scout Trooper helmet painted black, so the Shore Trooper is not a predecessor to the Scouts.

Actually in the first Jedha sequence in Rogue One, when Bodhi (the pilot) is being taken to Saw's rebels, you can see one of them wearing a Scout Trooper helmet painted black, so the Shore Trooper is not a predecessor to the Scouts.

I saw that. Maybe he recently killed a Scout wearing the new gear, stole the nice new helmet, and personalized it.

I'm not trying to evangelize, I'm just tossing my opinion out there. You can take it or leave it. Whatever you believe is totally valid. [emoji4]

Just got him. Fantastic figure!

20170515_145301.jpg

20170515_145236.jpg

TonTon. ..from the setting, the lighting to the posing...just fantastic shots! Tuesday can't get here fast enough. ...it looks great.

Damn. Thanks, jedibear! Big compliment coming from you. Would have been cool to have him in the brush a bit but we have tons of poison ivy. Didn't want him to get a rash. :lol

Nice ones TonTon! This trooper looks great outdoors.[/IMG]

:duff Thanks, Indy! Nice to see other folks willing to send their troops outdoors on patrol. I wasn't planning to get this guy initially but I saw a deal and jumped on it. He's pretty awesome. A lot of fun to pose and he fits in so well with the OT troopers--Rogue One did an outstanding job of this, IMO.

I realized after shooting these that the strap for the pouch can be adjusted a bit if needed (wide-legged poses, etc)--it's attached with velcro to the underside of the kilt.

Had some nicer weather today for some outdoor shots.

038e9b8841020716af4e66fdd168d334.jpg

df1a3aed4a5744a53a5d1e73daad4f88.jpg

7dfa1a7449debabb1fa29f249c00eff4.jpg

28377ae0e73dbe62a2352353f2f113bc.jpg

Really love these pics Ton Ton. I'm holding out for the version with the Kilt/skirt thing (Hama ??). Am starting to get a bit anxious actually. Rogue One news is pretty scarce these days....

Got him this afternoon, and I really love this guy. I wasn't planning on picking up the captain, but having the regular trooper in hand and seeing how he turned out, I think I may have to now.

IMG_0543 copy.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

I cant get enough of troopers. This one is pretty spectacular. The weathering is just impeccable.

This trooper showed up here today...a great surprise for a Monday...only managed to snap a couple quick shots at work...

...and wow...the praise this figure is receiving is well deserved. From the excellent images on the packaging to the figure itself...truly great figure.

It's fun to come into a thread a see great shots and read good comments on how well this trooper is being received and the interesting "speculative" remarks on where this armor fits in the different time lines and troopers in the saga. It's one of the brilliant things about "Rogue One" for me...how the designers were able to tweak the look of the basic well-known armor and slide in some unique designs that fit right in with the "classic" troopers. These troopers in particular do have a bit of a "bridge" quality to them...a little clone trooper distinctiveness melded with that "Scout" trooper look from a little further down the line. Really like that about this design.

Really love the variety of troops we've gotten from Rogue One...it'll make a cool display of Imperial strength.

This trooper is really well-rendered...the distressed look to the armor is truly some of the most impressive HT has done yet with their troops. It's really effective and well-applied...really makes this grunt look like he's seen a lot of intense action on the beaches of Scarif...

Keep the great shots coming, everyone...can't wait to get more of this one myself....now I'm ready for that tank driver. Hope HT doesn't shelve it....

Last edited:
Wow, guys! Some great pics in here. :rock He looks better and better. I'm so glad I snagged one from PC. I should have mine Friday and be able to join the party.

Haven't posted here in a good while but here's my trooper I received today
50786d28671211a652d7ac5af363e261.jpg

Great pictures everybody!

This trooper showed up here today...a great surprise for a Monday...only managed to snap a couple quick shots at work...

...and wow...the praise this figure is receiving is well deserved. From the excellent images on the packaging to the figure itself...truly great figure.

It's fun to come into a thread a see great shots and read good comments on how well this trooper is being received and the interesting "speculative" remarks on where this armor fits in the different time lines and troopers in the saga. It's one of the brilliant things about "Rogue One" for me...how the designers were able to tweak the look of the basic well-known armor and slide in some unique designs that fit right in with the "classic" troopers. These troopers in particular do have a bit of a "bridge" quality to them...a little clone trooper distinctiveness melded with that "Scout" trooper look from a little further down the line. Really like that about this design.

Really love the variety of troops we've gotten from Rogue One...it'll make a cool display of Imperial strength.

This trooper is really well-rendered...the distressed look to the armor is truly some of the most impressive HT has done yet with their troops. It's really effective and well-applied...really makes this grunt look like he's seen a lot of intense action on the beaches of Scarif...

Keep the great shots coming, everyone...can't wait to get more of this one myself....now I'm ready for that tank driver. Hope HT doesn't shelve it....

I really like this design as well. I like that Scout Trooper vibe it has. And it seems to photograph really well. Maybe it's just how nice the figure turned out.

I hope they don't drop the Tank Commander either. Seeing how good this Shoretrooper is makes me want it more than I used to.

Back