Hot Toys Rogue One Shoretrooper MMS389

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty nice figure. As Indy said, makes me excited for a HT Scout. I like the color accents but would probably opt for the regular grunt if that came out. Still think the armor came out a bit too yellow compared with the prototype.

19c0a4e61f1f3a7173c2d7263c762f08.jpg

And my prequel shelf.
67fd3f316e4c34074c9e308bad882319.jpg

I was thinking the same thing, Coco. This trooper demands a sand base.

Agreed and a bit disappointing that the desert-themed base wasn't included. HT seem very inconsistent with their use of themed vs generic bases. Just received the RO stormtrooper 2-pack and it comes with one sand base and one generic one. :confused:

Fantastic pics TonTon!

Yeah the stand situation for these RO figs is a little annoying. I decided to order a regular base for my Deluxe Chirrut, and plan to take his beach base and use it with the Shoretrooper instead.

I actually like the extra cardboard sticker piece that you can stick on the RO bases and was bummed when I opened up my two-pack of stormtroopers to see that the regular stand didn't come with one. Personally I think the stands look cheap as hell without the sticker because of that glossy, unpainted plastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed and a bit disappointing that the desert-themed base wasn't included. HT seem very inconsistent with their use of themed vs generic bases. Just received the RO stormtrooper 2-pack and it comes with one sand base and one generic one. :confused:

Fantastic pics TonTon!

Yea that sand base on the two pack irks me as I prefer uniformity. I guess if they release the other shore troopers with the plain base it will be ok.

Very Nice pictures! :duff

Are the Stormtroopers betting each other if he hits his target or not? :lol

TonTon. ..from the setting, the lighting to the posing...just fantastic shots! Tuesday can't get here fast enough. ...it looks great.

Nice ones TonTon! This trooper looks great outdoors.

Had a chance to take some quick ones before work today:
d129c5cedce98cbb7f2f02d1214529c1.jpg

This design seems like a more proper step between the clone designs and the scout trooper than the hideous dog-faced scout trooper they used in ROTS.

I just noticed that the "mouth" section is very similar to the scout troopers.

This design seems like a more proper step between the clone designs and the scout trooper than the hideous dog-faced scout trooper they used in ROTS.

As far as I'm concerned these are actually Scout Troopers. I definitely think this Trooper is a Scout precursor. The armor is clearly older and yellowed, and there's a lot of color on them, indicating to me that they were standard issue after the Clone Wars ended. Once they retired the design it was replaced with the Scout Trooper design we are familiar with.

I also consider the Stormtrooper armor from Rogue One to be an older design, replaced by the armor design in the OT. Though subtle, if you look carefully the Stormtrooper armor has a ton of differences in R1 from the traditional Trooper armor in the OT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So in the 2-3 minutes they had from when the plans were stolen to when Vader boarded the Tantive the Imperials hastily upgraded the standard issue armor of the stormtroopers and implemented the change? "Those bastards just stole the death star plans this means war, upgrade our stormtrooper companies IMMEDIATELY!"

Back