Hot Toys Rogue One - Jyn Erso (Imperial Disguise Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping this variant would get a figure, but I was kinda hoping it'd be a 6" Black Series figure, since I don't really have the budget to get sucked in to 1:6 Star Wars, but just one figure couldn't hurt, right?

That's how it begins... Just one. Just two.. three... Then before you know it you have 30.

I was hoping this variant would get a figure, but I was kinda hoping it'd be a 6" Black Series figure, since I don't really have the budget to get sucked in to 1:6 Star Wars, but just one figure couldn't hurt, right?

Ah, just this one will do.

Oh actually this figure will make a good companion piece... That one will make the trio, so sure why not... Oh he looks good, one more won't hurt... Dang that's a gorgeous headsculpt on that one...

Both sculpts look exactly the same to me, just different lighting changing some lines. But the eyes have been painted looking slightly upward and to the side, just like HT did with Stormtrooper Luke -- same sculpt, new paint.

I've been scrutinizing the sculpts on and off all day and I'm starting to move over to the identical sculpt side. It's strange that a slightly different paint app and lighting setup is enough to change the appearance of a head sculpt as much as it does. The regular Jyn looks determined and a bit pissed off, the Disguise Jyn looks a little less serious and almost friendlier.
I ordered the Deluxe Jyn just this past Saturday, and the Disguise Jyn today, so I'll have both to scrutinize in person by the end of the year.

I got my order in. :yess:
Although I think the head sculpt looks a little off, more so than the regular version, I love Jyn in this outfit and just can't pass it up!
I'm hoping the visor on the helmet can be moved so we can see her eyes.
That would be a beautiful feature. But that's assuming her head goes inside the helmet, which likely it will not knowing the track record with helmets and headsculpts. But if she had a partially sculpted in face for the visor to lift up on.. that would be amazing. Of course I'd prefer the wearable helmet, but that just almost never happens.

That would be a beautiful feature. But that's assuming her head goes inside the helmet, which likely it will not knowing the track record with helmets and headsculpts. But if she had a partially sculpted in face for the visor to lift up on.. that would be amazing. Of course I'd prefer the wearable helmet, but that just almost never happens.
I agree with the sentiment, but the reasoning for the lack of wearable helmets is the marking it does to the sculpts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

That's what I'm hoping, there's a small insert inside the helmet of Jyn's face.
Review_SergeantJynErsoImperialGroundCrewDisguiseRO_stillC.jpg

Preordered mine. Jyn's face inside the helmet would be a great feature to include.

Price is really good on this and the head sculpt looks a bit better then the other deluxe and standard Jyn. Debating if I want this our her other outfit. Hmm...

That's how it starts. hehhhehe.

I'm not a huge Rogue One guy but I DO Love this costume. Thinking of getting it to be my one rogue one figure on the shelf. I don't know. I think I'd rather have Krennic too just cause we don't see a lot of non stormtrooper imperial figures.

I'm not so sure I like this sculpt or paint app better... Felicity has soft features, and this sculpt seems to have very sharp ones. Some 3/4 shots are solid, but I would go out to say this has issues just the same as the first one.

I mean just a sucker for imperial variants. Esp those than look right for the ot- I've revisited the white trooper for that reason.
Not sure it will be just displayed as helmet on imperial crew.

Been waiting for this variation since the movie and absolutely love how it turned out. Now I just have to rig up some lighting stand so I can recreate her iconic pose from the trailer :)

jyn.jpg

Last year they only revealed one new figure for Celebration, Resistance Rey. I seriously doubt we'll get any more SW reveals this week, but one can always hope.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back