Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the McFarlane Robo is so visibly, noticeably low-end. :dunno In fact I think its really cool except for the innaccuracies. I'm not sure how your wife, presumably not a toy collector, saw it as being of lower quality.

She said the lines are not very clean and there are lots of lines on the legs (where the rubber did not fill the mold completely). I thought it is very accurate sculpt wise :dunno

grr. for some stupid reason i can't search for "ED-209" or 209 in this thread.

has there been any word on whether HT is gonna remake ED?

I used to not like the Robocop 2 soundtrack/theme but for some reason I've just started listening to it and love it. It's no where near as good as the original but I dig it. You can hear the chorus singing ROBOCOOOOP. :lol

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfKDHbTuQzA[/ame]

I used to hate it but now it's been stuck in my head, especially the beginning. It's an epic, catchy march.

DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-duh-duh-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA-duh-duh-DA-DA-DA-DA-DA

Then at 3:26 - 3:40, that Star Trecky chorus singing ROBOCOOOOOOOOP, ROBOCOOOOOOOP! :lol

It's no Basil Poledouris score but, I dunno. I used to really hate Robocop 2 but for some reason I watched it in it's entirety today and enjoyed it. I got into the mindset of "this is completely separate from the first Robocop, just view it as such" and I actually liked it. I don't like how the Old Man isn't a "sweet old man" anymore or how Robocop becomes more machine than man but it still beats the HELL out of Robocop 3.

Nothing touches this of course,

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEknoNtHSMs&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7rjLQuW2nQ[/ame]

And Cain doesn't come close to ____ Jones and Clarence Boddicker.

obey-clarence.jpg

I%20work%20for%20Dick%20Jones.jpg

I don't know who did the score for Robocop 2 but I suspect its the same guy who did Star Trek IV and I hated that music too.

The way you're talking about your latest viewing of Robocop 2 though, I know what you mean - I just haven't had that for this film. Had it for Terminator 4 though. T3 somehow remains a POS, I was unable to reappraise that - although Arnie didn't look as old as I remembered. He looked quite bad@$$ actually.

Robocop 2 > Terminator 4

353273-don_large.jpg

And this is coming from someone who absolutely hated everything Robocop except the first 1987 film until today. Robocop 2 still sucks though.

I think HT did a mistake doing Cain, probably not many people out there that thinks RC2 2 is an iconic movie or that Cain is an iconic villain... Wonder what the sales will be...

I think HT did a mistake doing Cain, probably not many people out there that thinks RC2 2 is an iconic movie or that Cain is an iconic villain... Wonder what the sales will be...

Don't worry, I hate Robocop 2 but I'm still buying Cain for definite - I'm sure the same is true for many who also dislike the second film.

I'm holding out hope this will be a battle-damaged optional type figure like their Iron Man Mark III. More importantly though, I want Weller's bald head under -- and without! -- that helmet!

One of my most wanted figures this year!

I probably won't buy a robocop but depending on the price I will get a Cain. I collect awesome figures and Cain definitely falls into that catagory.

So there's hasn't been one word from HT about this since the tease back in the beginning of January? Or did I miss something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back