Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NECA says that Weller's likeness isn't part of the licence, similar to Arnie's for Predator. Their new Robo figures for 2012 will not have his likeness, but I'm betting HT will go the extra mile and nab them.

I hope HT does this figure similar to their Iron Man figures. With swappable parts so you can have "Clean" and "Battle Damaged" versions of Robocop.

Tho I wanna see ROBOCOP and not another "based on" figure coz for the moment every HT's IronMan looks nothing like the man in da suit.

Tho I wanna see ROBOCOP and not another "based on" figure coz for the moment every HT's IronMan looks nothing like the man in da suit.

Im not sure what you mean by that.:dunno:lol The suit doesn't looks accurate? Or the RDJ likeness is off?

Ummm... Well I really dunno how it can be misreaded :lol

tumblr_ldbehbmaF81qejdp2o1_500.gif

Well they're not really scaled properly considering its supposed to be a full human inside a suit of armour but other than that how do they not look like the movie suits?

I guess the armour could be bulkier on the HT Iron Man figures, but I think the mk4 is pretty damn good regardless. The mk1 is exceptional, so.. :dunno

Although the mk5 is supposed to be a tad sleeker, the figure does look skinny - so I do agree more so with that one especially.

RDJ is pretty ripped for his age, look at the making of IM1 when legacy are molding his chest for the Operation scene.

I would take out my "toys" once in a while and place it on my work table (one at a time). My wife saw my 12 inch mcfarlane battle damage robocop that she bought me sometime back as a birthday present and commented, this one do not look as well build as the rest of your collection. I told her the difference is because my iron man and preds are from HT, a different company, and also a big difference in price. I added that HT will be making Robocop soon. She suggested me to sell it and upgrade. I have never sold a gift because it seems wrong, but I guess this is different :yess:

I don't think the McFarlane Robo is so visibly, noticeably low-end. :dunno In fact I think its really cool except for the innaccuracies. I'm not sure how your wife, presumably not a toy collector, saw it as being of lower quality.

I don't think the McFarlane Robo is so visibly, noticeably low-end. :dunno In fact I think its really cool except for the innaccuracies. I'm not sure how your wife, presumably not a toy collector, saw it as being of lower quality.

You do not need to be a collector to see the difference in quality, when my girlfriend saw my new HT Jack Sparrow she said that she wished she had given this instead of the Enterbay Leon she did give... Both are high end toys, but even the untrained eye can see the difference in quality between the two...

Well since I got an original HT ED-209 last week, I'm hunting now for the HT V1 Robocop to go with it and should be able to snag one next Friday. The ED is fantastic and I will be looking to get a Cain and hopefully another Robocop when its released. Got a Sideshow PF Robocop on its way too. I know that piece is a bit off but it looked too damn good to pass up.

Reckon this will have switch out BD parts or will they save that for another version?

I have a feeling they will but that won't stop them realising a 2nd version knowing HT lol.
I'll buy two if they do though, I'll want both version's displayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back