Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This! :lecture

That's one of the reasons I don't like the sequels. Then there's Ropcop himself. Murphy pretty much lost all of his humanity after the first film for some odd reason. I mean, what happened to the character? At the end of the first one he realizes who he was, that was part of the story, he learns that he was Murphy and then calls himself as much. The sequels completely go against this idea though. I definitely don't consider them "canon" or continuations of where the first left off.

I liked the bit with his wife: 'they made this to honor him' but then he goes all 'your husband is dead' etc etc.
Great effects when he's chopped up though, Rob Bottin is a frickin' genius.

Have you guys seen the 4th or 5th movie? They were direct to video releases and are abysmally bad... they make 3 look like Citizen Kane; well maybe not but they are still horrid :lol

Could there have been a good Robocop sequel? They tried twice and in many people's opinion failed twice. Makes me wonder does Robocop just not lend itself very well to being a franchise for some reason.

I always considered "Robocop" as a stand alone story , as it's all about him regaining his humanity . The tale has a beginning , middle and then end . The sequels were therefore pointless , although Robocop 2 had its good points . :exactly:

I always considered "Robocop" as a stand alone story , as it's all about him regaining his humanity . The tale has a beginning , middle and then end . The sequels were therefore pointless , although Robocop 2 had its good points . :exactly:

Agree with the first part - The story was complete with the first.
However, I can not see anything good at all with 2, or 3.
More than that - I really don't see the appeal people find in Cain. Bad movie, bad bot design.

Oh man, I haven't heard about this until just now, I can't wait for a Robocop! I don't know how Hot Toys fans can manage, I need another job just to able to get all this stuff

God, there was a season of a TV show in there, too, at one point, wasn't there? How did I forget that? :eek:

I think I may have blocked it out. Self-preservation and all that.

For me, Robo 1 is the be-all and end-all of the property. I like to think of everything else as deleted scenes and b-sides!

There was a season of TV, an animated show and a four-part mini-series shot in Canada (Dark Justice, Meltdown...).

God, there was a season of a TV show in there, too, at one point, wasn't there? How did I forget that? :eek:

I think I may have blocked it out. Self-preservation and all that.

For me, Robo 1 is the be-all and end-all of the property. I like to think of everything else as deleted scenes and b-sides!

The first Robocop was awesome. The second wasn't that bad. It was a worthy sequel. The third was a completer disaster, like Jaws 3 and 4.

It would be nice if HT works with Tippett studio to make the ultimate screen accurate ED209, approved by Phil Tippett himself.
And Robocop and Robocain too.

with the way things are going , i'd say 70-90%...yep, they're gonna cash in ED's relaunch, "loyal as a puppy" mode. :lol

:exactly: Robocop you just know is going to sell well & they know there are a lot of us wanting an ED, so fingers crossed it'll happen but it'll probaly be announced after Cain's been released. I doubt HT will stop at one Robocop as well, I can see them releasing at least one more Ver of him to IMO

I never understood the hate for Robocop 2. I like it slightly more than the original.

I'll be getting this figure for sure. I don't think I'll be able to afford Robocain though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back