Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw today first time first Robocop and it was so good.I cant wait to get Hot Toys Robocop and mayde Im getting Cain too.

I think im going to keep the original and leave him with the backpack on. I think I'm probably one of the only freaks who actually think it was a good design lol ... The film was a shower of shiiiiiiiiiiiteee though :)

I'm of two minds, I do love the upgraded quality... but as someone who generally already owns these figures I'm left with deciding between selling the figures I have to upgrade, or having 2 of something.

Generally I'll sell off the old, but kind of a kick in the nuts when last week I could have sold Robo for $450, and now I get to watch the price steadily drop.

Get on selling it right now. When the DX Batman was announced I sold my first Dark Knight Batman for around 170.00

:goodpost::lecture:lecture:lecture

No need to whine about once you left a pile of money for the figure which wasn't worth it and now it's goin to be rereleased with 10x better Q and sells for the normal price. There was a tons of prerequisites for all this reissues and the only thing you had to do is wait patiently.

Indeed.

Thought I could find it in myself to sell my old one but looking at it last night I reconsidered. :gah: It'd kinda be cool to be able to display a progression of Robocop toys.

I was planning to finish my collection and start to save more money... BUT how can i pass these awesome figures??? No i can't do that. I'll definetely add the original Robo to my collection. If i'd like to get something, i will :panic:

I was planning to finish my collection and start to save more money... BUT how can i pass these awesome figures??? No i can't do that. I'll definetely add the original Robo to my collection. If i'd like to get something, i will :panic:

I'm guilty of doing this all the time, but because there's such a long time between figures I save some money too.

:yess:

If I recall Cain's feet are pretty big. They should be able to keep him steady in figure form, but then you have to worry about the knee joints not getting weak after a few years. This stuff isn't diecast though so it really shouldn't be a problem.

My main concerns come from the torso mid section, with only the four hydraulic rams suporting all the weight of the upper body.
Maybe HT will use metal parts for the first time?

Cain MKII don't you own a movie prop in 1/6 scale? Didn't you build a stand to support it?

My main concerns come from the torso mid section, with only the four hydraulic rams suporting all the weight of the upper body.
Maybe HT will use metal parts for the first time?

Some of the buckles on HTs Capt are metal. So its not out of the question.

Cain MKII don't you own a movie prop in 1/6 scale? Didn't you build a stand to support it?

Yes absolutly.
It's a dummy puppet made of poly-urethane.
It was used for stunts.
It was never meant to stand on it's own, unlike the stop-motion puppet which was made out of metal.
I'm sure HT will manage an elegant stand to support the figure
and allow us a wide range of pose. :hi5:

aaah, what a great start to 2012. :D

i'm SO getting both robocop and robocain. zero hesitation, and no matter the asking price.

also, i remember some naysayers insisting some time ago that ht would never ever make a robocain. to them i say :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back