Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

What does it say when a guy (me) only gets one or two figures a year and when you do your a little underwhelmed? Maybe I started collecting HT when I was treated with so many DX figures (Sparrow, Indy, DK Joker, JN Joker, DX 10 & DX13) all foam insert, beautiful passages and accessories. Tech Noirs and T-1000 coming with so much all for $170 - $230. BD Robocop is a fantastic figure, just amazing and beautiful and I am so please I own it, however I feel it is nowhere near the $300US ($390CAN) asking price. I just don't see that money in it. And thats where I feel a little turned off. I was looking at my other DX's in my collection and I felt that BD Robocop would have been that much better as a DX. There is a lot of "life" in those DX eyes that would have exceled this figure even more.

BD Robocop is a beautiful figure which makes it the best candidate to say no matter what figure you buy your never ever going to get "your bang for your buck"!!!
Not sure if others feel this way.

Here are some quick images using the regular head (both helmets and all four mouth pieces I bought last December) enjoy.

Absolutely stunning display. Your restrained approach really pays off in that last shot, one figure per shelf, very nice.

As for what you said, I don't entirely blame you for feeling that way, these things really are expensive now. No matter how few of them you buy the individual cost of a figure does sting. The more money I save the more I want to save and any toy expenditure these days is feeling like an obstacle to that even for stuff that I do want, stuff that fits with the rest of my collection.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I've bought a total of 3 Hot Toys figures since 2012. Not because I can't afford them but more because I was tired of being so insatiable. I have 16 spectacular pieces now and a few 1/4 scale pieces. Good enough. Quality over quantity I say. After 8 years of collecting the hunt finally died down.

Thanks A Dev for your comments. I try to keep my collection "tight", thats why as hard core of a Star Wars can I am it will only be Chewbacca that will make the display.

Star Wars can
Star%20Wars%20Can_zpso9pi2atk.jpg

Just ordered the single version of this fantastic looking figure, you guys with your great pics made me do it.....not a bad price either at £166.69 using my reward points..

Hey all, I posted earlier today a question on how far forward people can actually tilt their Battle Damaged Robocop head/neck. Too hard to show in a series of pics, so just filmed a quick vid showing where it stops for me when tilting forward.

If you guys could check and see if yours are the same, that would be great! But if there's something wrong with mine, it'd be good to know! Thanks!

There is nothing wrong with yours.
Just press lower neck part and tilt it forward.

PRED5100_Predarnold2015.jpg

PRED5101_Predarnold2015.jpg

PRED5102_Predarnold2015.jpg

PRED5103_Predarnold2015.jpg

What does it say when a guy (me) only gets one or two figures a year and when you do your a little underwhelmed? Maybe I started collecting HT when I was treated with so many DX figures (Sparrow, Indy, DK Joker, JN Joker, DX 10 & DX13) all foam insert, beautiful passages and accessories. Tech Noirs and T-1000 coming with so much all for $170 - $230. BD Robocop is a fantastic figure, just amazing and beautiful and I am so please I own it, however I feel it is nowhere near the $300US ($390CAN) asking price. I just don't see that money in it. And thats where I feel a little turned off. I was looking at my other DX's in my collection and I felt that BD Robocop would have been that much better as a DX. There is a lot of "life" in those DX eyes that would have exceled this figure even more.

BD Robocop is a beautiful figure which makes it the best candidate to say no matter what figure you buy your never ever going to get "your bang for your buck"!!!
Not sure if others feel this way.

Here are some quick images using the regular head (both helmets and all four mouth pieces I bought last December) enjoy.

I've been collecting various memorabolia/tchotchkes for 20+ years now. Sounds to me like you're just getting a bit jaded. It doesn't necessarily mean you love yourcollection any less, it just means in my case I no longer get that frisson of excitement upon getting a new item. Most of the time. Which makes it all the more exciting when you do get a figure that makes you go "wow" upon opening the box.

Classy display Bo Shrek. That's a really nice set up you have going on there. Your Robocop looks great.

jawdrop.gif

/\ This practically looks like a set picture! Great shots, man!

(And nice collection in your detolf forest!) :clap

This bad boy should arrive on my porch tomorrow.

And while I agree the price point on this fig is outrageous, I've been wanting a fig like this for the better part of decade.

SO:
f111.gif

_____

Hi. I don't pop in here much anymore, but I had to take a couple of photo's of this figure as it is almost perfect in my opinion. The best I have bought in a very long time.

Here they are.

RoboCop/Alex Murphy by Jason McDowell, on Flickr

Hope they help anyone on the fence about buying this.

Hi. I don't pop in here much anymore, but I had to take a couple of photo's of this figure as it is almost perfect in my opinion. The best I have bought in a very long time.

Here they are.

Hope they help anyone on the fence about buying this.

Well thanks, Your picture along with others has made me order the set. I can't wait to receive this awesome figure.

You guys are killing it with these photos, I am truly amazed at how freaking awesome this figure looks, really incredible and makes me very excited to get mine in a few days, this figure really lives up the movie masterpiece label!!!

Yeah, thought the regular release would be enough for me but my gawd, these pics!!:thud:

I have not purchased anything in quite some time. Started in 2010 and had 16 figures before adding this guy. It has been at least 3 years...maybe longer (last figure was brothers redrum jack).
Anyway, did not get the original because i try to be very selective and want 80's period figures to be "spot on". After all, i never gave two thoughts to spending money on "toys" before nor did i care. But, like many, when the sculpts were hitting spot on of nostalgic period pieces, before I knew it i was buying $200 "action figures" for my man cave. For whatever reason, nothing has really come out that was hitting that sweet spot like the pieces between 2010 and 2012. After such a long wait for Robocop (one of the few on my list) and being set-up by perfect promo pics, the color was too much to overlook for me. "Idealized" version or whatever, and i realize its still a very nice piece,....but for my small collection of 80's archives, accuracy reigns supreme.
After much thought and back and forth, i got the single version. I have one character for everything else and Murphy, seemed like excess. Now, i still wanted the set mind you, but a) i never inteneded to get a Murphy before the option was available and b) the price is not right or fair to the consumer. Yes, i realize the re-sell on the set will be 1k next year and thats great. But i made my final decision based on the Bespin Luke set and what Hot Toys gave me for $299.00. Also, after reading about the easily scratched base, i was able to get m local seller to shave 10% off as I noticed a few small ones when it was displayed ($289.00 out the door).
About the only thing that could make this Battle Damaged Robocop more awesome is still having the voice feature (chincy they cut that). Otherwise, this may have just taken the top spot for most impressive figure I own. '89 Joker aint got nothin on this guy nor Bespin Luke or Tech Noir T-800. Kinda consider myself out of the game but this is a piece that captures what drew me in to begin with. Everything that has been said times 1000 on this guy. He is a stand alone piece for my Robocop collection and I am 100% happy I waited for this version to be the definitive in my collection.image.jpg

Another shotimage.jpg

Back