Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mine arrived today. Climbed straight to the top of my fave figures list. No derpy eyes on mine. Peter Weller sculpt is just uncanny. Great job Yulli.

Great to hear. Yeah I'm not at all worried about the eyes or anything really. Those who have it seem to enjoy it immensely. Haven't heard a bad thing yet.
The best to come out in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

got the BD body. damnit, HT just set a new level of detail with their robocop line, there is no way they could ever do better. and i didn't even see the head yet.
cannot say the same about engineering. those rubber sleeves in arms and legs that will die eventually, those super tight feet ball joints will definitely break if are used too much.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

yeah i really dont like the idea of rubber in the arms and knees, neca and every other company used black molded plastic and it looked and functions the same. God i wish they would abandon rubber already.

Slightly off topic but I've always wondered. That little wound on Murphy's forehead (as Robo) is that supposed to be the bullet wound that killed him? because Clarence aimed dead center. Why is it to the side.

If it's not that, what is it? and how did they cover up the gaping hole left by Clarence's gun? Thoughts?

Simplest explanation is Murphy turned his head slightly as Clarence fired.

I saw the BD Robo on display in a store here, and, after seeing pictures, I must say that I was extremely disappointed. All of the diecast parts looked like raw, silver metal. The battle damage detail was next to non-existent. It also had all four shoulder rings, so I'm not sure what the deal was.

I saw the BD Robo on display in a store here, and, after seeing pictures, I must say that I was extremely disappointed. All of the diecast parts looked like raw, silver metal. The battle damage detail was next to non-existent. It also had all four shoulder rings, so I'm not sure what the deal was.

You must be looking at the diecast Robocop (MMS202/203).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Egg on my face. That would be it. Completely forgot that one came with battle damage parts too. Just saw the figure in the display kitted with the battle damage parts, and the non-damaged parts were nowhere to be seen, so I assumed it was this one.

Egg on my face. That would be it. Completely forgot that one came with battle damage parts too. Just saw the figure in the display kitted with the battle damage parts, and the non-damaged parts were nowhere to be seen, so I assumed it was this one.

So do you like it now since it was not the BD version?

Murphy with the Cobra. If only he had one earlier when he met Boddicker's gang.

DSCF3735_zpsb16cwov8.jpg

DSCF3736_zpsrjellny0.jpg

DSCF3737_zpspi8yw66t.jpg

For those that have the Classic and Battle Damaged versions, can I ask a favor? Could someone take a picture of the BD head on the clean body, but with the damaged chest plate that came with the MS202? I would like to know how it would be with that chest. Thank you, guys!

I think there's a few pics of that a few pages back

Ah my bad. I misread.

What're the chances of me picking up a battle damaged first release head with collar? Really want the BD look with helmet.

How well does the Murphy head attach to the body? I bought a head and body separately and they don't fit that well together. The neck post seems very far in the chest. Is there a connector or plug I'm missing?

Holy ****!
There have been alof of pics and talk about it, but none of them have been lies!
I’ve got this though Joe Au-Yeung, Great service, only sadly the waiting took longer than expected, but that is cause Customs was still playing around with it, but thank god no extra charges!

Really great set! And the funny thing is, I may be liking the Murphy figure maybe even more than the Battle Damaged RoboCop, maybe it is because I already own the normal RoboCop version , so you kinda know what your expecting to get.

And for those who are expecting him, or have it on pre order, PLEASE read the manual.
In my enthousiasm, I went straight ahead and tried some different poses, until I saw one of the cables became unattached from his headsculpt.

You can only turn the head 15 degrees to each side or else you will pull out his cables, I sadly turned him a bit too much, yet again was able to fix it, but better safe than sorry.

There are also 2 little cillinders on the back of his head, and I heard something fell, and it was one of those, so please watch out for these things, there are many details to be found and all are very fragile.
Just as changing the headsculpt, I watched the video by Ric Bates, but my collar was a bit tighter, than it looked on his video, so becareful when removing!

Enough typing!, Check some pics!

Holy ****!
There have been alof of pics and talk about it, but none of them have been lies!
I’ve got this though Joe Au-Yeung, Great service, only sadly the waiting took longer than expected, but that is cause Customs was still playing around with it, but thank god no extra charges!

Really great set! And the funny thing is, I may be liking the Murphy figure maybe even more than the Battle Damaged RoboCop, maybe it is because I already own the normal RoboCop version , so you kinda know what your expecting to get.

And for those who are expecting him, or have it on pre order, PLEASE read the manual.
In my enthousiasm, I went straight ahead and tried some different poses, until I saw one of the cables became unattached from his headsculpt.

You can only turn the head 15 degrees to each side or else you will pull out his cables, I sadly turned him a bit too much, yet again was able to fix it, but better safe than sorry.

There are also 2 little cillinders on the back of his head, and I heard something fell, and it was one of those, so please watch out for these things, there are many details to be found and all are very fragile.
Just as changing the headsculpt, I watched the video by Ric Bates, but my collar was a bit tighter, than it looked on his video, so becareful when removing!

Enough typing!, Check some pics!

Great pics, man! I was already thinking about this fragility of the head when I saw the prototype. I hope your figure is intact! If you stiil have the Robos with the configuration of the last picture, could you take one more shot? Could you take a picture of the BD head on the clean body with the damaged chest plate that came with the MS202? Nobody did that yet and I would like to know how it would be. Thank you!

think im going to steal one of those poses and use it for mine when i get it. Sheesh i can't believe some people have this so early. I sadly have to wait till july to have the money.

Back