Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Best bet is to find someone from the get-go to split the pack and order with that understanding. By nature I think most of us are averse to splitting-up sets, especially if this comes in a special double-box or something. As an example, I had a WTB thread up for a long time where I was offering $80.00 US (by the end, b/c I was getting so frustrated... I started at a very respectable $20) for the exclusive vibro-ax that came with IG-88. Many people in the SW section had said that they don't like/will not display it, but they still wouldn't part with it, even for a ridiculous premium. Trying to wrestle away Alex Murphy from a hardcore Robo fan will be quite a feat, I reckon!

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I doubt you'll get many willing to sell their Murphy figure (least not in the early days of the release) unless they think they can extort a **** tonne of money for him. I mean why would anyone buy the double-set in the first place if they don't want Murphy, considering the option is there to just buy BD Robocop by himself.

This will be my first Hot Toys Robocop I purchase. I do have the Sideshow exclusive premium format one that came out awhile ago.

I definitely will be keeping both, but the price tag has kept me from ordering until now.

Waiting for a $20 monthly code (silly, right?) so I can finally PO this from Sideshow. :lol

Waiting for a $20 monthly code (silly, right?) so I can finally PO this from Sideshow. :lol

It is silly. You need to get the DX08 first! :lol JK, this set looks amazing! Can't wait to add it to my RC collection :)

Haven't even PO'd this yet.....

I want it, just not at full price.

No way I am selling Murphy. This is going to be my first double pack from HT :)

Looking forward to BD Robocop and Chewbacca. I have not purchased a 1/6 figure since Elder Predator 2.0. There is a "catch 22” with Robo, Chewie and Elder compared to “human” figures (which I have not purchased since E2 Barney). Let me see if I can explain this. With human characters your getting the realism of the head sculpt and the fine tailoring of the garments which makes them feel like miniaturized versions of the actor/character. With non human and no tailoring it feels like large action figures (kind of felt that way with Elder. Which is still a beautiful figure) rather than a maquette/prop. So I really need HT to hit these two out of the park and give me the realism of the actual characters in 12 inch form. Does that make sense?

Looking forward to BD Robocop and Chewbacca. I have not purchased a 1/6 figure since Elder Predator 2.0. There is a "catch 22” with Robo, Chewie and Elder compared to “human” figures (which I have not purchased since E2 Barney). Let me see if I can explain this. With human characters your getting the realism of the head sculpt and the fine tailoring of the garments which makes them feel like miniaturized versions of the actor/character. With non human and no tailoring it feels like large action figures (kind of felt that way with Elder. Which is still a beautiful figure) rather than a maquette/prop. So I really need HT to hit these two out of the park and give me the realism of the actual characters in 12 inch form. Does that make sense?

From what we've seen so far, BD Robo should be out of the park. Chewbacca... well, there's still time for tweaks.

I don't suppose there's much chance of them correcting the color on the BD version is there? Because that might be the one thing that tips me into ordering this to go along with my regular version...

I just want Murphy -pre-accident. :(

I don't suppose there's much chance of them correcting the color on the BD version is there? Because that might be the one thing that tips me into ordering this to go along with my regular version...

It's too late for that. HT may as well make them consistent. :slap

The BD is extensive enough at that point in the movie that I don't think it'll matter - there won't be enough undamaged areas for it to look overly bright and silver. I think BD Robo/Murphy will be a more successfully representative figure than the clean version was.

I was in a local gaming store the other day, & they had the current release HT RoboCop there. I had a great opportunity to check it out at eye level, & I see what folks are saying about the 'too silver' looking paint on the suit. The hues aren't really there..

As mentioned, hopefully the BD on the new one breaks up all that silver enough for it to not be a big enough issue.

The thing with the silver paint is, under certain lights, you can see the bluish/purple hues reflecting just subtle enough but looks screen accurate. It's very strange. It's definitely much more blue and purple in the second and third films but less so and more silver in the first film. I have no doubt Hot Toys will make a RoboCop 2 or 3 figure and it will be painted a more pronounced blue/purple. They probably went silver on the first film so there would be enough of a paint variation to distinguish between them and give collectors a reason to want to buy another one when it's offered.

Ok yeah, fair enough. I guess a more apt description would be that the hues were faint at most.

I don't use lights in any cabinets I have, so it'd bug me more so than others that do perhaps.

The BD is extensive enough at that point in the movie that I don't think it'll matter - there won't be enough undamaged areas for it to look overly bright and silver. I think BD Robo/Murphy will be a more successfully representative figure than the clean version was.

:goodpost: I think this'll end up being the case.

Seriously can't wait for this. Without scrolling through 100 or so pages, does anyone know if the head and neck will be removeable? Allowing for more display options. Such as the head with the helmet.

I have a whole empty shelf just waiting for these HT Robocop figures to arrive. Phase one starts tomorrow when my Robocop and Chair finally arrives and then onto the long wait for this set. :thud:

Back