Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

**** Star Wars. We've been getting Han Solo, Chewbacca and Stormtroopers for over 37 years. There will be more of them, long after this Hot Toys phenomenon is over.

Battle Damaged Murphy and Alex Murphy? Ain't never seen these two before.

Absolutely- says it all!

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Not sure why people are coming down on these sculpts. This looks absolutely stunning for both.
What I like most is how well they look side by side....I mean you can see the progression right there from man to machine.
The sculpts are extremely consistent and the three Robocop figures (clean, b/d, Murphy) will look amazing next to each other.
I'm actually floored by this release and I'm surprised how much I've been looking at pics of this and focusing on that Murphy figure.
The OCP tactical suit is so cool. For the package I really do like the accesories. I think adding in an extra helmet, screwdriver and sheet metal mirror would
have completed the set perfectly...but outside that it is perfect.

Not sure why people are coming down on these sculpts. This looks absolutely stunning for both.
What I like most is how well they look side by side....I mean you can see the progression right there from man to machine.
The sculpts are extremely consistent and the three Robocop figures (clean, b/d, Murphy) will look amazing next to each other.
I'm actually floored by this release and I'm surprised how much I've been looking at pics of this and focusing on that Murphy figure.
The OCP tactical suit is so cool. For the package I really do like the accesories. I think adding in an extra helmet, screwdriver and sheet metal mirror would
have completed the set perfectly...but outside that it is perfect.

Agreed. I love this set. Just wish it had helmet and screwdriver to complete it but easily can live without. My only hope is that Lewis, Boddicker and **** Jones come out too. Go hard or go home Hot Toys!!

If hot toys was planning this set, I wish we got a damaged Murphy with bullet hole in the head and missing hand with shredded vest, would've been crazy to see an alternate Murphy like this

There's a damaged top of the helmet with the regular release no?

Oh wait...it has an eye sculpted into it doesn't it?

Forget I said anything...

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Anyone have experience with ToysHQ? i.e. they haven't published the final price for this yet but I'm expecting it to be astronomical in comparison to the dollar price, i.e. £100+ more expensive.

There's a damaged top of the helmet with the regular release no?

Oh wait...it has an eye sculpted into it doesn't it?

Forget I said anything...
:lol
I meant Alex Murphy cop damage

I think I'll pass on ''BD'' Alex Murphy :lol

One of the most disturbing scenes in movie history for me, not sure I want to see it on my shelf. Also I want to avoid customs with Robocop. If I start down that road I'll regret not ordering Jedster's amazing dioramas.

One of the most disturbing scenes in movie history for me, not sure I want to see it on my shelf. Also I want to avoid customs with Robocop. If I start down that road I'll regret not ordering Jedster's amazing dioramas.

That scene traumatized me for life. I remember watching it when I was a kid and feeling sick to my stomach. However, the damage he sustained made me sympathetic to the character and made sense for the transformation to Robocop--plus it made me want Murphy to go after the crew. The reboot was too PG for me. Car bomb wasn't up-close and personal enough. Yeah he got blown up but it wasn't near as emotional a scene as the original.

I'll say it again. For those who want to get the BD robocop cheaper, PM me to go half in on this set with me. I only want the cop Murphy.

So I guess no PO for this?
6b07f85d29a241ab6325a0afc2ea0985.jpg

I think a while back they mentioned in Robocop folklore that Murphy was actually fine from the shotgun blasts because the bulletproof vest took most of the damage but of course Clarence's bullet to the head was what sealed the deal

Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone have the word on weather or not the new robo is die cast? No mention of it in the specs.

I think a while back they mentioned in Robocop folklore that Murphy was actually fine from the shotgun blasts because the bulletproof vest took most of the damage but of course Clarence's bullet to the head was what sealed the deal

I didn't see it that way at all guyver. Does he look "fine" in the pic you just quoted? No, not really.:lol

That bullet to the head was just overkill, and why the scene was so effective in destroying children's minds.

Back