Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Pretty good for the duo but I think I'll wait to apply a code

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Better pic of the Alex Murphy sculpt:

10580073_716184868456049_6842773103360883012_n.jpg

Cool pic, man!

It's not really a fair comparison, based on differences in scale and differences in total price ($865 with chair, $740 without vs. $575), but does this mean that HT Robo beats EB Robo, at least by default, or TKO?

Better pic of the Alex Murphy sculpt:

10580073_716184868456049_6842773103360883012_n.jpg
My god the paint on that proto is amazing. If only the production version was vaguely similar. The hair piece is doing the overall sculpt damage though. Still, very very good.

I'm surprised by the price. Unfortunately, it means I'm actually contemplating this set now.

Pro: Most awesome set I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen anything as impressive as the BD Robocop figure.
Con: It isn't one of my top franchises. Loved Robocop when I was younger, now just a casual fan.

What to do, what to do.

So $299 for a "Diecast and voice" Robocop with interchangeable face and helmet and this one is only $5 cheaper?? Bad price feels high, if only for the reason that you don't get $140 HT figures anymore. I'm still going to get it I only wish it was a few dollars cheaper.

It's staring to happen already. I have already passed on BD T-800. And now I will be passing on Han Solo and Regular Robocop and Stormtroopers. Maybe even R2 D2. Going only with Chewbacca and BD Robocop for now

Amazing deal for these two....fully excited by this pack!!
Cannot wait! PRE-ORDERED!!!

Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

The set seems like a better value to me. I like Robocop but not sure if I like it enough to justify paying that price. Especially with the tease of Hot Toys Storm Troopers I think I'll pass for now as cool as the set looks.

Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

The set seems like a better value to me. I like Robocop but not sure if I like it enough to justify paying that price. Especially with the tease of Hot Toys Storm Troopers I think I'll pass for now as cool as the set looks.

The set is a better value. Considering it's not a DX, there's no diecast and there are no sound features, at $295 BD RoboCop might be the most expensive 12-inch figure in HT's history.

Thank God this is out next year!
My bank account will need to grow after this year of figures and pre-orders!
Pre-Ordered!!!!!!

I'm surprised by the price. Unfortunately, it means I'm actually contemplating this set now.

Pro: Most awesome set I've ever seen. I don't think I've ever seen anything as impressive as the BD Robocop figure.
Con: It isn't one of my top franchises. Loved Robocop when I was younger, now just a casual fan.

What to do, what to do.

Do it man. It's a very iconic set at a very surprising (still expensive though) price.

Just, put it this way:

Bank robber joked is priced at $279.99

$279.99

$279.99

This is a bargain.

Do it man. It's a very iconic set at a very surprising (still expensive though) price.

Just, put it this way:

Bank robber joked is priced at $279.99

$279.99

$279.99

This is a bargain.

Yeah, BRJ's price should've removed all doubt/surprise/hope.

The set is a better value. Considering it's not a DX, there's no diecast and there are no sound features, at $295 BD RoboCop might be the most expensive 12-inch figure in HT's history.
I tend to agree. After the beautiful amazing head sculpt what is next? It feels like a bare bones release for that high a price. It feels incomplete like there are pieces missing like DX, diarama base and helmet/drill accessories. I'm not sure what to do here. Do I get the Diecast version and only pick up the BD head?

Back