Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

What would have made the BD Robocop perfect for me would be a DX style diorama base (like the BD T-800) and had removed helmet accessory (as shown in the movie by his feet after his removed it). They shared screen time together like the big gun and baby food!

Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

PERS eyes on Both HS. .. especially on Robocop would have been ideal

PERS eyes on Both HS. .. especially on Robocop would have been ideal

When I first started collecting HT it was DX back to back to back (Indiana Jones, Sparrow, Nicholson, DX 10, Luke and DX 13). It seemed like iconic characters would receive this treatment. I wonder if HT has abandoned the PER as it has been so long since we have had a announcement. If anything I would have thought This figure and Han Solo would have been given the DX treatment. I do think that this figure would have been effective in DX

PERS sucks, hell no!!!! These figures look perfect the way they are.

So this will be DX only or do they also intend to sell the battle damage version on its own? I'm hoping for the later otherwise there goes my chances of getting a Robo.

On a side note, I really really love the look of these two. The bd seems to tone down the silvers of the clean release a bit. Sooo want the unmasked version for my shelves.

It's not a DX (no PERS), and you will be able to get BD Robo separate from the Alex Murphy/Robo set.

Crap I thought Maleficent would have been my last Hot Toys. Damnit

I really hope to see a Kyle Reese/T-800 Endo set like I keep hearing about... I'd love to display battle damaged robo fighting the t-800... I loved the Robocop vs. Terminator comics. Now I wonder if heads will be switchable between clean Robobop and BD... I have yet to own a Die-Cast figure so I donno if there are differences. BD body with the BD helmet from the Die-Cast Robocop sounds interesting, though I have a feeling the helmet might stand out too much being cleaner.

I wouldn't miss PERS. No more worrying about it screwing-up likenesses.

I still hope that HT can improve on Alex Murphy face/head sculpt, please. Somehow it's still off unlike the battle damaged head sculpt which is spot on.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

I think like Rory mentioned, the hair is throwing the likeness off a bit (looks a bit Ken-dollish to me -- referring just to the hair piece). With the helmet on, though, the sculpt looks perfect.

It's not a DX (no PERS), and you will be able to get BD Robo separate from the Alex Murphy/Robo set.

Thank you good sir. I assumed DX due to all the goodies. Definitely down for the bd Robo.

NP, Riggs. I used to associate "DX" with lots of accessories or a big release, too. I'm wavering a bit on the two pack, but having just seen HT's Stormtrooper teaser in the SW section, think I'm gonna cut Alex Murphy. Gotta try and trim down where I can with all of these incredible releases on the horizon.

Anyone prefer Lewis instead cop Murphy? Its come with baby food, I want pose Lewis give baby food to bd robo

But nonetheless awesome combo

People are thinking the likeness is off on this?!? I think it's probably one of the strongest likenesses they've done in a while. Especially when it comes to the standalone Murphy figure.

The likeness on the Battle Damaged Robo does look a slight bit off, but it's still more than close enough I think.

People are thinking the likeness is off on this?!? I think it's probably one of the strongest likenesses they've done in a while. Especially when it comes to the standalone Murphy figure.

The likeness on the Battle Damaged Robo does look a slight bit off, but it's still more than close enough I think.
Actually no, everyone but you thinks the robohead looks dead on :p its the Alex head that might not be perfect.

Back