Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Also, how's about you chill out. Nobody "whinging" here, just speculating.

Nah, fair call. Working on 4 hours sleep and 6 espressos made me a little edgy when I posted this. Sorry RIDDICK.

Re: Hot Toys, "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Just went up for pre-order here in Japan on Hot Toys' official Japanese distributor's website (toysapiens.com)....

31500 yen ($300) for Robo, 49500 yen ($500) for the pair.

Ouch. Please take lots of pictures for me guys cause even though it's a work of art, I simply can't justify that.

Wow, that's nuts.

Sideshow is gonna rape big time I bet.

Just went up for pre-order here in Japan on Hot Toys' official Japanese distributor's website (toysapiens.com)....

Ouch. Please take lots of pictures for me guys cause even though it's a work of art, I simply can't justify that.

Thanks for the info. How do their prices usually compare with Sideshow's? Higher? Lower?

Thanks for the info. How do their prices usually compare with Sideshow's? Higher? Lower?

Sometimes Japan is higher than Sideshow, sometimes lower, it really depends on the product. For example, the DeLorean is about $35 lower in Japan, but I think their Han and Chewie are a little higher.

Haha, I'm leaning that way, too. This hobby is crazy. When the clean RoboCop was announced, I was sure that all I needed was that one, iconic, armour. Then I talked myself into the battle-damaged version and was 100% certain that the pair (with my non-returnable ED) was all I'd ever want of this license. Now it's all but assured that I'll be picking-up this double-set. *sighs in defeat*
:lol

Man - I'm just glad that RoboMurphy is actually as I hoped - no sound crap or die-cast parts to hike the price of this set up for no good reason.

THANK.

Sometimes Japan is higher than Sideshow, sometimes lower, it really depends on the product. For example, the DeLorean is about $35 lower in Japan, but I think their Han and Chewie are a little higher.

I see. Perhaps it depends on which licenses/franchises are more sellable in Japan.

Pricing just gets whackier and whackier.

I know I won't be in a rush to order these bastids. I'm going to build up my already existing rewards points over the next year or hopefully use $20 codes and maybe triple deals like they had for the Terminator. **** $500+.

Damn, Peter Weller knows how to play hardball. More power to him.

Next up, Screamers!

scream03.jpg

I've noticed the trend in Japan for big items is that they are about the same price at first, but can be picked up much cheaper on amazon after the initial release. "Hot" figures retain their value, but slow sellers are discounted like crazy on amazon japan. For example, "Mime" Joker is about $120 brand new right now, so is The Crow, the Retaliation GI Joe figures are about $100.

But space really is a concern here, so maybe that's why the 1989 Batmobile is currently $260 brand new, and ED 209 is $200....of course with ED, the negative reviews must have something to do with that.

The diecast Robo is currently $260 on amazon....better that the suggested retail price, but unfortunately still too much for me. I'm just gonna have to settle for NECA. Sigh.

tl;dr.....I think these prices are going to be awfully close to Sideshow.

I've noticed the trend in Japan for big items is that they are about the same price at first, but can be picked up much cheaper on amazon after the initial release. "Hot" figures retain their value, but slow sellers are discounted like crazy on amazon japan. For example, "Mime" Joker is about $120 brand new right now, so is The Crow, the Retaliation GI Joe figures are about $100.

But space really is a concern here, so maybe that's why the 1989 Batmobile is currently $260 brand new, and ED 209 is $200....of course with ED, the negative reviews must have something to do with that.

The diecast Robo is currently $260 on amazon....better that the suggested retail price, but unfortunately still too much for me. I'm just gonna have to settle for NECA. Sigh.

tl;dr.....I think these prices are going to be awfully close to Sideshow.

$260 for a Batmobile? Wonder how much it would cost to ship to the States...surely less than $500. :lol

Wow I just saw this. HO LEE *********

Last edited by a moderator:

34 pages!!!

I am picking the Robo masked, will try to get this unmasked and Murphy too, but the price is nuts!!!!

Amazing detail!!!!!

I wish Amiami was still selling overseas. They have listed Robo as 28440Yen(~=USD263) at their Japanese site...

Wow 300$ still even without the 5% diecast, sound, and swappable parts? That set should not be over 430$ tops :lecture

Back