1/6 Hot Toys: RoboCop - Alex Murphy unmasked (Battle Damaged)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is easily the best figure they've done.

If the final product turns out as good as that proto, even half as good, it'll be the best figure I own.

Thanks for the pics, Booshman.

This already is on the short list for FOTY, whenever that will be...2015, 2016, 2017? :gah:

too bad they couldnt have it for sale now as a two pack with regular robo

Sweet hell, this thing looks too good to be true. I'm zooming in, zooming out, trying to find any imperfections and I can't find anything I DONT like about this monster.

Like Fabio says, if this turns out looking at least 60% like this proto, we would have the very best thing HT has ever released period. I seriously wouldn't mind no Diecast on this. Stop with that silly gimmick.

Oh, and this profile is just unreal, I just zoomed it and my god

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412292425.500424.jpg

Sweet hell, this thing looks too good to be true. I'm zooming in, zooming out, trying to find any imperfections and I can't find anything I DONT like about this monster.

Like Fabio says, if this turns out looking at least 60% like this proto, we would have the very best thing HT has ever released period. I seriously wouldn't mind no Diecast on this. Stop with that silly gimmick.

Oh, and this profile is just unreal, I just zoomed it and my god

View attachment 137410

I wouldn't worry about that, doubt this will have any diecast. If you hate voice features though, that back panel looks like it can be removed. :lol

backpaneltime.jpg

Up and down, side to side. There's a joint in the neck.

Question: Would you prefer this BD version or a clean Robocop 2 unmasked with alternate masked head with the more dominant blue hue?

Question: Would you prefer this BD version or a clean Robocop 2 unmasked with alternate masked head with the more dominant blue hue?

I do like RoboCop 2, but it's no contest. First movie all the way.

From what I gather from the guys who already own the clean figure, the silver isn't as bright as it appears in videos and photos. I do hope that's the case.

Yeah there really is nothing like the T1 VS T2 debate here. The first Robocop absolutely positively no contest. Objective fact.

Yes Robocop 1 is an instant classic, one of the best and underrated sci if movies of all time. The second Robocop could have been great if they continued on with some of the themes of the original. I posted a while back on the changes I'd make...to me it stands as wasted potential. I do enjoy some of the movie, and anything with Weller as Robocop is redeemable since he made that character. I would love to add a Robocop 2 and the robocain to my collection.

I said Weller is and will always be Robocop...well Robocop 1 will and always will be the definitive story of Alex Murphy as half man, half machine and all cop. Nothing touches it, no unnecessary remake can trump it.... It is a classic and in my mind one of best movies I've ever seen. I was glued to that tv the first time I saw it...I wanted to be Robocop. Now that I'm older I appreciate all the themes that this movie is loaded with, the consistently tight style of filming and how well the movie made us believe in this world. The struggle of a man losing everything, and worse yet...he is reborn as a mechanical Frankenstein. Haunted by memories of his death and of loved ones he doesn't remember.

And these beautiful figures capture some of that amazing story. I know when I look at them I'll be filled with joy because it represents such an amazing movie and character. I am fully optimistic about the Robocop Clean version I ordered and this battle damaged version. From the pictures I've seem, this figure could very well be the best hot toys ever. And for me this is doubly special as this would be of my favorite hero of all time.

Yes Robocop 1 is an instant classic, one of the best and underrated sci if movies of all time. The second Robocop could have been great if they continued on with some of the themes of the original. I posted a while back on the changes I'd make...to me it stands as wasted potential. I do enjoy some of the movie, and anything with Weller as Robocop is redeemable since he made that character. I would love to add a Robocop 2 and the robocain to my collection.

I said Weller is and will always be Robocop...well Robocop 1 will and always will be the definitive story of Alex Murphy as half man, half machine and all cop. Nothing touches it, no unnecessary remake can trump it.... It is a classic and in my mind one of best movies I've ever seen. I was glued to that tv the first time I saw it...I wanted to be Robocop. Now that I'm older I appreciate all the themes that this movie is loaded with, the consistently tight style of filming and how well the movie made us believe in this world. The struggle of a man losing everything, and worse yet...he is reborn as a mechanical Frankenstein. Haunted by memories of his death and of loved ones he doesn't remember.

And these beautiful figures capture some of that amazing story. I know when I look at them I'll be filled with joy because it represents such an amazing movie and character. I am fully optimistic about the Robocop Clean version I ordered and this battle damaged version. From the pictures I've seem, this figure could very well be the best hot toys ever. And for me this is doubly special as this would be of my favorite hero of all time.

:exactly: :goodpost:

RoboCop is a great movie. It's taut, there aren't any throwaway lines or extraneous fluff. It clocks in under 100 minutes.

I didn't know about Hot Toys back in 2006 when the first RoboCop was released. I'm glad HT decided to revisit this character, in the clean and BD versions. It's only taken 27 years, but this RoboCop fan is extremely happy.

And if you're still trying to decide between this and the clean figure, take it from my good friend, Dave. He knows that sometimes, you just can't have one.

canihaveyouboth.jpg

Is this to me?

I'm perfectly content with just the regular "Diecast" Robocop and Battle Damaged Murphy. Robocop is one of my all time favorite films, I love it, and I feel it's sequels (and reboots) pale in comparison. These two are the only high end Robocop figures I need.

However I have a soft spot for Robocop 2. I "love" the movie. Not in the same way I LOVE the 1987 Robocop mind you, but I do enjoy it. I think it's fun. I really dig Robocop's new blue suit, I still think Weller is great. I like Hobbs, I like Cain, I even dig the new "Robocooooop" Star Trek theme (even though it doesn't touch the original). The good outweighs the bad for me. Do I consider it part of my own personal "canon" in terms of connecting to the first? Nope. But I can watch it unlike Robocop 3 or the tv series. I used to hate on Robocop 2, especially at the funny bits like when he's reprogrammed, but now some of those are my favorite parts.

Like I've said before in this thread. Even though it would be redundant, I would buy a,

Robocop 2 Figure

- repaint of the regular diecast w/ clean armor in blue/purple
- repaint of the unmasked Murphy included here
- 2 pistols
- Cobra rifle
- swappable helmet and chest plate from RoboCain inflicted damage (including that great burned visor helmet look)
- blown off hand
- neon orange "kick me" spray painted helmet
- socket wrench

- Ability to speak twelve (12) memorable quotes from the RoboCop 2 movie

● "Thank you, thank you, I'm touched."
● "I'm just fine, thanks for asking."
● "Pity, it's a beautiful morning. Shame to waste it."
● "Ohhh my. This isn't very nice. Though you may think you are having fun now, you, only hurt the one you love. Think of mom and dad. What kind of lesson are you teaching them?"
● "And now a word on nutrition."
● "Bad language makes for . . . bad feelings."
● "I'm having . . . trouble."
● "Your hair looks lovely that way."
● "Isn't the moon wonderful today?"
● "Waste makes haste, for time is fleeting."
● "A rolling stone is worth two in the bush."
● "Thank you for not smoking."

and these swappable parts,

- One (1) interchangeable neon orange spray painted helmet
- One (1) interchangeable neon orange spray painted "Kick Me" back plate armor

Exclusive Cain brain