1/6 Hot Toys R5-D4 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I was just looking at YT vids of the Sideshow booth because I thought I saw it on display. What's funny is that in the SSC video, they totally ignore the R5 as if it wasn't there.

Yeah I was just looking at YT vids of the Sideshow booth because I thought I saw it on display. What's funny is that in the SSC video, they totally ignore the R5 as if it wasn't there.

"Bad motivator."

Poor motivation on Sideshow's behalf.

No QVC style hard sell for you yet, little buddy. :(.

Peli Motto probably slept with R5.

If not ANH version they can keep it and just give me this instead

1871844C-27C4-4DAA-96EC-CD6908CC14D5.jpeg

I’d take this, but would much rather have the ANH version but I’m sure for their market, they need to brand it Mando, so I’m sure that’s what’ll be, if anything. They’ve made damn near every character in Mando cept for Greif Carga and Cara Dune.

This is branded TBOBF at the moment, but by the time he goes up for pre-order (if he goes up for pre-order) he'll probably be back to Mando branding.

Sideshow's ANH version is very good though. Much better than their Artoo.

This is branded TBOBF at the moment, but by the time he goes up for pre-order (if he goes up for pre-order) he'll probably be back to Mando branding.

Oh so only half of the doors get jammed good to know that lol

It's almost as though Sideshow farmed their R5-D4 out to Hot Toys' factory, because the quality and finish is so far ahead of Artoo's.
Yeah even though technically it's just the SSC R2 with a different head, the SSC R5 does seem like a totally new and superior release. I was pretty surprised when I got it.

Yeah even though technically it's just the SSC R2 with a different head, the SSC R5 does seem like a totally new and superior release. I was pretty surprised when I got it.

That's why I wouldn't be too bothered if HT didn't release theirs.

And maybe why HT are differentiating theirs from ANH.

What's interesting is they changed quite a lot of the minor sculpt details when it switched from ANH to BOBF. The whole headsculpt seems different, not just the silvered squares. Even the "coin slots" on the body seem to have a slight difference. I never took a closer look at the BOBF R5 so maybe it has those differences vs the ANH one.

View attachment 580626

Interesting that they changed it to the version from The Mandalorian. Maybe it’ll see the light of day now.

Did it have the damage around the motivator panel?

lnKKf4Q.jpg

Here's a look at the top of his head from the 2022 booth.
It does have the Mando/Boba damage around the motivator panel. However oddly enough the panel is still open showing the motivator, likely a holdover from the figure's ANH inception.
I wonder if they plan to leave it that way and that's why they changed the description:
BTW, I noticed that changed wording info on product details on HT site. Instead of authentic likeness, they use "heavily inspired by" which gives room excuse for inaccuracies.

If I could get the Sideshow version for a price that wasn't exorbitant I would do it right now. Currently it seems like Hot Toys is my only hope (although their retail prices are getting worse and worse...)

Last edited:
Same here with that. Sideshow's is so good that HT will have to do something special to make me want theirs.
Really don't see how you could upgrade it. Maybe include a Jawa. That Sideshow version looks great even next to the Hot Toys R2. The Hot Toys prototype looks slightly inferior to the Sideshow final product imo.

Oh because R5 is sooooooooooooooo known for being in BOBF! Muppets!

Last edited:
Back