1/6 Hot Toys R5-D4 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why I find this forum interesting. 1 character, countable seconds on screen, and some people need the right size, some people need the right dirt (but just any dirt or prop specific dirt?), some people base it on money. The source material can be the movie, the comic, the card game, Wookiepedia. 1 character and we see it numerous ways and can accept way different things to represent it in our collections-rivets/no rivets, fingernail tabs, etc....

From what I've seen of R2 (because all 3 have a base astromech body), to my eyes regarding size, the Bandai seems right. The HT is marginally smaller, then the SS is marginally smaller, so with the 2 I've actually owned, the Bandai and the SS, the SS noticeably too small. I'd prefer Bandai put their toe in a little deeper (if they could) for droids, but they certainly aren't the most cost effective, and they have their own quirks. So I'll gladly get the HT R5 with no Bandai R5, but can't accept the SS, even with the potentially superior weathering. Weird.

Still debating HT Deluxe R2: Bandai size/lights right v brushed metal dome.

Good news for those who don't have the Sideshow version at least. Prefer the more subtle weathering on this as opposed to the Sideshow one. Although I doubt it'll release. Can't wait to see this little guy in The Mandalorian. Hopefully he gets some decent screen time and isn't just a 2 second background cameo. That would hopefully increase its chances of release.

Sideshow nailed this one. I just don’t see the point. It actually looks really cheap.

Agreed... I see zero reason to "upgrade" to HT for this one. And anyone who doesn't have an R5 yet should start checking for even better deals on the Sideshow one as I'm sure a number of people will jump ship.

I'd still like to get a HT R2 as the Sideshow one (will decent overall) feels a bit cheap and the doors that don't quite work right are annoying.

Interested in the price. If they price it right I’d happily buy these and put him next to the SSC one

As seen at SDCC 2019
388a274f288b0710ad22f11fdb2d48e8.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

The memorable scene “ I’ll take the red one “

One bad converter changed Luke’s life forever :lol

You know what was weird about droids , particularly R2 and 3PO

Anakin built both but Vader referred to them as Droids

Oh Lucas and his thinking

You know what was weird about droids , particularly R2 and 3PO

Anakin built both but Vader referred to them as Droids

Oh Lucas and his thinking

Anakin didn't build R2...also I'm pretty sure the one time Vader sees C3PO on Cloud City he probably had other things on his mind rather than wondering if that used to be his droid.

Anakin didn't build R2...also I'm pretty sure the one time Vader sees C3PO on Cloud City he probably had other things on his mind rather than wondering if that used to be his droid.

That idea (Vader building 3PO) had to be one of the stupidest ideas to come out of the PT, and there were a lot to choose from.:lol

You know what was weird about droids, particularly R2 and 3PO. Anakin built both but Vader referred to them as Droids. Oh Lucas and his thinking

What I mean is Anakin knew everything about 3 PO and R2 supposedly in The PT, but Darth Vader never said their names in any of the OT films.
Some more PT/ OT Lucas blunders

Oh, I love nerdy banter. *rubs hands together*

Honestly looking throughout the films, nothing really make R2 and/or C-3PO stand out from a visual standpoint. There were other Protocol Droids littered throughout, even chromed out and tons of Astromechs. While the films never showed any that were their immediate color scheme, most likely from a merchandising standpoint than anything else after the first one, given the probabilities there were probably hundreds if not thousands of protocol droids and astromech droids that looked just like these guys and that Vader came across regularly. I could see him simply seeing them and shrugging it off as just another droid.

That and the fact that while the audience sees C-3PO and R2-D2 as legitimate characters, most of the characters within the Star Wars universe clearly just see droids as things, semi-intelligent pieces of disposable kit, and very few characters have been shown to place any great value on them beyond their immediate usefulness.

So one could argue that Vader seeing C-3PO is basically the equivalent of seeing a toaster that looks like one you used to own. :lol

I don't know why but I just got the mental image of Vader seeing Threepio and saying to himself "Mmmmm....toast" :lol

Maybe.. like.. the force... is unable to detect the consciousness of a droid, since it's synthetic / man made. Maybe the force only works with natural organic things.

Back