1/6 Hot Toys R5-D4 1/6 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting to see what the production paint will be on this - I wonder if R5 is in Mandalorian and is cleaner in that or something, or if this just isn't the final version. HT does tend to go pretty light in the weathering though, whereas SSC would tend to overdo it (Snowtrooper and Biker boots were ridiculous.)

It is nice to see some smaller details like the three "eyes" being more like cylindrical "mushrooms" rather than just cylinders like Sideshow did. Small detail, but cool they caught that... (SSC at left, HT middle, screen cap at right)

EhZG3mN.png

I wish it was shown in two leg mode near a 1/6 figure to judge the scale better. Based on the size of the HT R2 it's possible this fig will be closer to correct, but it all depends on the head.

I actually think this has a good chance of getting made if the Jawa/PD pack happens (also the fact it's really just a repaint with new head.) And the fact it's not just one jawa and is a higher-priced three pack with PD also possibly increases the chances all of this will go to PO. HT will love putting up a $295 three pack with jawas and PD, with R5 in the mix as the four band member.

Hopefully without the metal dome that R2 had, and also no need for lights or sounds, and the body re-use, this R5 will be closer to $150 rather than the $220 the R2 was.

I second this. Sideshow R5 is pretty damn good, especially at the price it was. Hot Toys will gouge $ for this for sure...

Yeah the price for this will be interesting - as I mentioned, this is 3/4s reuse, has a very minor repaint (vs R2,) has no metal dome, and no sound/lights at all so you'd think it would be noticeably cheaper than HT R2. Yet I can't imagine many figs being hugely below $200 these days. My guess for this as a small basic fig it might be in the $175 range.

It's possible, given they have been revealed at the same time, HT may do another three pack and also pair R5 with a tweak of the Jawas - that structure would make R5 a sweet deal.

Hope this convinces some people to sell their sideshow versions at a good price. I found one for a great price earlier this week but got busy and the auction finished without me. Been on the hunt for a sweet deal on the sideshow for a couple years.

My guess for this as a small basic fig it might be in the $175 range.

I have a feeling that HT will price this somewhere where it gets weird in terms of whether or not to buy it. Something like $159 or $165 where people will have really consider it.

Honestly doesn't look any nicer than the SS one to my eyes.

Sideshow nailed this one. I just don’t see the point. It actually looks really cheap.

The Sideshow R5 is one of their better figures. I am happy to stick with that one.

I'm very happy with my SS R5. I think they nailed that one.

The SSC one is quite good. HTs will probably put a diecast piece in it and price it for $50 more.

Always liked R5 but I own the Sideshow version and not sure if I feel it’s worth upgrading.

Weathering may be more accurate (not sure to be honest), but at a glance the SS looks better.

Agreed. No need for me to upgrade, either. (thank goodness...)

The Sideshow figure is great, I'm just hoping the HT fixes the underscale issue. You can fudge it a bit, but the SSC feels too small (height but also volume/girth.) This isn't a perfect comparison, but you get the idea...

U0ylXDf.jpg

If the HT doesn't fix that issue, then I see no reason to get it because the SSC does a great job in details and sculpt..

He just looks waaaay too clean for me. But I have the SS version. Easy decision for me.

He doesn't appear as dirty in the Jawas sale scene as he does in close-up inside the sandcrawler but it's possible it's because he's in brighter daylight. Also, that's a prototype so it's more than possible they prod figure will have more weathering, though HT is known for light weathering.

Forgive my nerd rage...Can a memo go out to anyone tasked with the posing of R4-I9 that the nozzle on his head isn’t his eye?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You'd prefer to go with the single camera lens as his "eye"?:dunno:lol

The neck looks taller but the head looks smaller or the same size. The proportions reminds me of one of the old Hasbro figures that I wasn’t crazy about. The body should be bulkier and the same size as the HT R2-D2, so that’s a better start than the Sideshow one, but it’s minimal increase.

Back