1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but if Hot Toys says TFA in it's announcement description on it's own FB page then it is in fact a TFA R2. No need to change the title of this thread when the company that makes the product says this is what it is, unless they come out and say "oops, it's not TFA".

True..but until I see it on the SSC page as advertised TFA I don't agree :dunno

It's TFA R2. Should have been ANH or Rouge One. I hope they do not do C3PO from TFA. That will be a big pass. Sorry crappy screenshot, but you can still make it out, barely lol.
Screenshot_20170123-132120.jpg

$219? Ouch. That's quite a bit more than I was expecting then again it's apparently a full calendar year away at minimum. I'll have to think about this one. Maybe eventually with points.

Yeah, more than I was expecting and it may prove to be too small in scale.

No rush to pre-order. May just stick with the two SS versions that I have.

I stand corrected just saw it on SSC as TFA version ..problem solved

$219 seems okay..wasn't SSC version a lot more :dunno

True..but until I see it on the SSC page as advertised TFA I don't agree :dunno

They use the same text as the announcement. Do you agree now? :slap

“R2-D2, you’ve come back!”

In the epic Star Wars: The Force Awakens, fans’ favorite Astromech droid R2-D2 has played a crucial role in the film when it wakes up from low power mode and presented the last piece of the map leading to the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker.

Sideshow and Hot Toys are pleased to officially introduce the sixth scale collectible figure of this beloved droid based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens! The astonishing collectible figure is specially crafted based on the appearance of R2-D2 in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and features a highly detailed mechanical construction with weathering effects, a meticulously crafted diecast metal dome, touch LED light-up functions, and remote controlled sound effect function featuring 12 iconic R2-D2 sounds! Don’t pass up the chance to add this stunning Astromech droid to your Star Wars collection!

They use the same text as the announcement. Do you agree now? :slap

“R2-D2, you’ve come back!”

In the epic Star Wars: The Force Awakens, fans’ favorite Astromech droid R2-D2 has played a crucial role in the film when it wakes up from low power mode and presented the last piece of the map leading to the whereabouts of Luke Skywalker.

Sideshow and Hot Toys are pleased to officially introduce the sixth scale collectible figure of this beloved droid based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens! The astonishing collectible figure is specially crafted based on the appearance of R2-D2 in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and features a highly detailed mechanical construction with weathering effects, a meticulously crafted diecast metal dome, touch LED light-up functions, and remote controlled sound effect function featuring 12 iconic R2-D2 sounds! Don’t pass up the chance to add this stunning Astromech droid to your Star Wars collection!

I just posted my apology ..jeez

$220 is way too much ...might just pick up the Sideshow R2D2 if I can find for $100. If anyone want to sell me their R2-D2 Deluxe PM me

Last edited:
When there's 10 new pages in a thread in one day, you know something's been released. :lol

My ANH SSC R2 is sufficient enough though for me.

I'll just pick up the dome on Toy Anxiety.

I just posted my apology ..jeez

Just giving you a hard time, but given all the fact that they released him with no accessories, previewed him with TFA 3PO, mentioned TFA in the announcement, showed pictures of him only with BB-8 and TFA 3PO as opposed to Luke or Ben or Sandtroopers, etc. Seemed kinda obvious. :dunno

I'll just pick up the dome on Toy Anxiety.

I wouldn't count on Toy Anxiety to get this.. There's really nothing to part out. It looks nice, and I would love the sound effects and metal dome, but I think I'll be happy to keep my Sideshow with the crazy amount of accessories and $70 cheaper price tag. Of course once it's out and I see comparison pics...... :slap

Was gonna snag this but at that price, it's just not worth it. There's no justification for this price. Hot Toys is loosing more and more of my money with these idiotic prices.

Was gonna snag this but at that price, it's just not worth it. There's no justification for this price. Hot Toys is loosing more and more of my money with these idiotic prices.

It's OK... its TFA anyway.

I'm waiting for Special Edition ROGUE ONE SDCC Exclusive. It'll be the same thing in a new box for $40 more, but it will be special.

Back