1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is worrisome.

Anyone that has BB-8 and Sideshow R2 can post a side by side pic?

It's maybe more like it's the same size. Hard to get the same exact angle and pose to see where BB-8 comes up on SS vs the Hot Toys one. Was only able to snap a quick shot. SS R2 looks a bit taller here, but the pose is different, front leg is more extended, so I'll try another in a bit that matches the HT pic more closely.

DSC_0017.jpg

This may finally be the 1/6 scale droid I've been looking for. Don't care that it doesn't come with 100 accessories I'll never use...as long as the sculpt and paint is HT quality, I will probably bite.

I think the final R2 piece should include every accessory that R2 possessed including the gadgets of the PT IMO

The rockets for example

This can't be the final R2 that HT has planned :dunno

It's maybe more like it's the same size. Hard to get the same exact angle and pose to see where BB-8 comes up on SS vs the Hot Toys one. Was only able to snap a quick shot. SS R2 looks a bit taller here, but the pose is different, front leg is more extended, so I'll try another in a bit that matches the HT pic more closely.

View attachment 318620

you may be right. Same size, Hot Toys maybe a tad smaller... :gah:

Although I want an OT version with lots of accessories, I don't really feel like waiting a few more years to have an R2 on display. I have the Sideshow version and dislike it. It feels really loose and poorly put together (in contrast to R5-D4). I will use those accessories and try to drop the R2 unit itself on eBay or something.

Every promo I've seen on this piece this morning never hints that this is TFA version..OP needs to change the title thread :dunno

This is the Official announcement from Hot Toys FB page:

"Hot Toys’ new Star Wars: The Force Awakens – 1/6th scale R2-D2 "

you may be right. Same size, Hot Toys maybe a tad smaller... :gah:

Seems pretty close, but I think the HT is more stout, someone mentioned the thinner looking legs. The sideshow feet can't get the same angle as the Hot Toys so I couldn't match that shot much better than this.

R2-sie.jpg

Interesting, Thanks for the pic.

This went from an instant pre-order to a "wait and see" for me.

Seems like HT used a lot of Sideshow's design -- which was likely HT's to begin with. Even the height looks the same.

I wonder if this is just a better constructed SS R2?

Look on FB there is no title of that on the actual product

No, but if Hot Toys says TFA in it's announcement description on it's own FB page then it is in fact a TFA R2. No need to change the title of this thread when the company that makes the product says this is what it is, unless they come out and say "oops, it's not TFA".

As usual. More expensive than it should be and a ridiculous long preorder window. Seriously Q1 2018, why?!?!

Back