1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

This is HT electronics we're talking about here.

You will have to turn it upside-down -- unscrew the bottom plate -- open the inside panel -- unscrew a stripped screw to access the battery compartment -- then directions will show the batteries in backwards -- then you have to seal him all up within 15 minutes before the auto shut-off forces you to repeat the steps above.

You left out the part about the batteries dying after 1 or 2 uses...oh wait, that's sideshow's.

HT R2 looking good there.

After being on a self imposed moratorium for a few years, I'm feeling overwhelmed right now. At the moment there's probably at least a dozen 1/6 SW things I'd seriously consider buying, & that's a scary prospect. :monkey1

This is HT electronics we're talking about here.

You will have to turn it upside-down -- unscrew the bottom plate -- open the inside panel -- unscrew a stripped screw to access the battery compartment -- then directions will show the batteries in backwards -- then you have to seal him all up within 15 minutes before the auto shut-off forces you to repeat the steps above.

Haha LOL. If we are lucky, it'll be that 'easy'

And when you look under the Jedi fighter's wing, you realize that astromech should be beeping out...

hqdefault.jpg

As long as I remember that Jedi starfighter had R4 dome and structure permanently implanted, therefore no legs.

That's what I understood also, but people love to dump on the PT whenever they can, even though IMO it's no worse than the ANH/FA redo. As for HT R2, until we see it next to a 1/6 figure we don't know if he is in scale yet, both in terms of height and Height/girth ratio, which nobody has gotten right yet.

I have the SSC R2, but I'll pick this one up as well. I like he look of the dome, and the SSC one looks great but feels really cheap, and I could never figure out how to activate the lights.

I'll be displaying the Hot Toys R2 with my 3PO, and my SSC R2 will be the bartender R2 from the sail barge.

Sent from my Motherbox PING PING PING PING PING PING PING PING

I have the SSC R2, but I'll pick this one up as well. I like he look of the dome, and the SSC one looks great but feels really cheap, and I could never figure out how to activate the lights.

I'll be displaying the Hot Toys R2 with my 3PO, and my SSC R2 will be the bartender R2 from the sail barge.

With all your customizing skills you were defeated by R2's lights?! :lol

Back