1/6 Hot Toys R2-D2 (Artoo-Detoo) - TFA Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

from Sideshow's video.

Looks pretty good.

Hmm, as nice as the HT dome looks, it really is a lot more shiny and reflective than it ever actually looked in TFA and the other movies (and looks more like the overly shiny domes on many R2 replicas). Add to that the other little inaccuracies and I think I actually prefer the SSC R2 a bit more now.

Obviously the main thing the HT has going for it is a more solid and metal appearance, but I think I'd rather have a more accurately designed one myself (and one that I can also have my custom life form scanner popping out of, which it doesn't look like the HT will be capable of).

True but HT did include accessories for BB-8 even though we had no idea they were going to do that. They could surprise us.

But this is TFA. they built an entirely new set of R2's for this movie. Seems like some of the differences are screen accurate.

Even looking at the pics you posted, none of the differences are screen accurate to the TFA R2 dome either.

Maybe it's due to the metal, but the HT sculpt is just a bit off.:dunno

And if you have a close look at pics (I just did,) there is basically no difference between R2's "face" between TFA and the OT.

Actually I was referring to the color of the holoprojector. It's silver on the HT and in the pics I posted from TFA. It's black in that pic above someone posted from the OT.

IT's funny to me that SS has never nailed the proper shade of blue for their R2 (too green), whereas the 'real' R2 is a far more cobalt. SS needs to hire some former art majors. Might improve their paint apps.

I wonder if you will have to fully undress R2 to get the sound features to work properly each time.:dunno

That's probably what started the argument in the first place so best not to post those kinds of opinions on here for fear of being ridiculed and asked to leave the thread.

This is HT electronics we're talking about here.

You will have to turn it upside-down -- unscrew the bottom plate -- open the inside panel -- unscrew a stripped screw to access the battery compartment -- then directions will show the batteries in backwards -- then you have to seal him all up within 15 minutes before the auto shut-off forces you to repeat the steps above.

This is HT electronics we're talking about here.

You will have to turn it upside-down -- unscrew the bottom plate -- open the inside panel -- unscrew a stripped screw to access the battery compartment -- then directions will show the batteries in backwards -- then you have to seal him all up within 15 minutes before the auto shut-off forces you to repeat the steps above.

:rotfl :rotfl

Are you a Hot Toys electronics designer?

Back