Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want that damn exclusive, so if Sideshow overcharges for this guy, I'm screwed. Then again they'll probably offer free domestic shipping, which evens things out. Argh, a concrete price would be nice.

I'm obviously a huge T1 fan and would definitely want something accurate for the price but let's be honest here, how "off" is the likeness?
arms (parts before palms) are off.
palms are off (and they are based on t2).
shoulders are off.
chest is off.
neck is off.
head is off.
feet are off.
back is off (plain again like on every toy since MF).
hips and waist are either ok or i don't see big mistakes there.
and i did not take into consideration all liquid transporting tubes to the hydraulics, though they were easy to make on 1/4, but ok, nobody ever tried to copy them except one guy in neca thread with his 18" t2 skeleton.
i do not know why you asked your question and what you'll do with the answer, but here it is.
and the most sad thing is that HT copied all those mistakes (except ugly head) from their own figure, never trying to see the movie skeleton :D i hoped for a remake and they give us a reissue.

533569_10150641493349632_204339369631_9355400_476733298_n.jpg

the ENTERBAY looks very high quality, but i prefer clean and chrome.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Toys-1-4-LED-Light-Up-Terminator-T800-Endoskeleton-Figure-NEW-/221083299131?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3379976d3b

comes out in 30 days?

arms (parts before palms) are off.
palms are off (and they are based on t2).
shoulders are off.
chest is off.
neck is off.
head is off.
feet are off.
back is off (plain again like on every toy since MF).
hips and waist are either ok or i don't see big mistakes there.
and i did not take into consideration all liquid transporting tubes to the hydraulics, though they were easy to make on 1/4, but ok, nobody ever tried to copy them except one guy in neca thread with his 18" t2 skeleton.
i do not know why you asked your question and what you'll do with the answer, but here it is.
and the most sad thing is that HT copied all those mistakes (except ugly head) from their own figure, never trying to see the movie skeleton :D i hoped for a remake and they give us a reissue.

How off are they, though? That's the question.

That's not Enterbay's Endoskeleton. That's the 1/1 Sideshow statue that Bill uploaded a picture of for some reason. Not even kidding. We haven't seen theirs yet.

This will be like a dream come true. Centrepiece of my collection. Figures like this will always be more appealing than human character toys as this do actually look 100% like the ones on movie if u know what I mean. I am very excited to say the least.

Now I need a HT 1/4 scale T800 Arnie

My bad P. you've mistaken me for someone who actually gives a ____ :lol
i'd say that you've mistaken yourself for
I'm obviously a huge T1 fan and would definitely want something accurate for the price
:)
How off are they, though? That's the question.
are you short of screenshots?
i could provide them if there was any use for me in that . and as long as you are not a HT sculptor or a person who depicted himself as a
someone who actually gives a ____ :lol
, there is none. well, actually you could provide them, but you don't want to search and explore, so back to "no use" for you or me.
hell, at least making the arm pistons parallel or putting wires between them, fixing the chest and neck wires is possible even for me without all huge money of a big company or arms growing from a right place, but even i don't call my customs
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Endoskeleton in The Terminator movie
, like they do about a simple reissue of their old totally off skeleton.
they also promise robocain. a thing of the same or even more complexity. i guess we'll see just a big copy of a kotobukiya robot. at least he is very accurate.
their skeleton was really cool in those days back. it's just a shame to give what they do in 2012, for example looking at how their human figures evolved in clothes material, thin details, face paint from those years.

I'd say their materials and thin details have evolved on the Endoskeleton as well. The chrome effect and paint apps are extremely well-done.

For you, I'd recommend adding those extra wires yourself (which you'll probably do anyway) since we as buyers have more options and can buy whatever looks best for whatever we're willing to spend. And you wouldn't have to worry about durability since, being the person who put the wires in, you'll know what the figure can and can't do once they're in place. Go for it on a custom, really. There's just too great a risk on a mass-produced figure. You never know what they could screw up when it comes to QC.

I think you're getting these reactions from other members because you claim the figure to be "totally off" when it isn't. There are a few minor details that are inaccurate, but ultimately, it's very close. You're acting almost as if this is a repeat of the City Hunter Predator fiasco, which it isn't. There's no denying HT did a much better job on this, even if it isn't perfect. Especially compared to the old Endoskeleton.
It smells like a DC thread in here. You're totally justified when it comes to P2 (they actually took a step back in terms of sculpt on that one, which didn't happen here), but what you're saying here is getting to be a little too specific to expect from a mass-produced figure. Like I said, customize it all you want; it's unlikely we'll ever see a truly flawless representation of any of these characters unless you can go back in time and shrink the actors to fit on your shelf.

I think the HT 1/6 endo is a great figure, and if they make such a good figure in 1/6 then i'm sure the 1/4 will rock when it's released. There's time for them to "fix" the tiny little inaccuracies. 1 thing i think would be cool if the port opened to reveal the CPU.

Blade3327
i do not know how much patience you spent to write your post, maybe you actually wanted it to be a lot more rude, maybe you're just a totally nonconflict person... in my turn i must make it "spent" not "waisted" :)
if it is made in 1/6, i replace all my 3 skeletons plus get 2 to replace 4 arms in customs for chrome (2 for t2 and 2 for t1. already prepared everything to be replaceable, thanks to no construction change).
if it is only 1/4...
5db6efa9e7c0.jpg

Blade3327
i do not know how much patience you spent to write your post, maybe you actually wanted it to be a lot more rude, maybe you're just a totally nonconflict person... in my turn i must make it "spent" not "waisted" :)
if it is made in 1/6, i replace all my 3 skeletons plus get 2 to replace 4 arms in customs for chrome (2 for t2 and 2 for t1. already prepared everything to be replaceable, thanks to no construction change).
if it is only 1/4...
5db6efa9e7c0.jpg

I'll be rude if the situation calls for it. Seeing as you didn't immaturely wish death on Tsang, there was no reason to get snappy.
My point was that out of the recent Predator and Terminator collectibles HT has been putting out lately, this one requires the least amount of customization -- and it's also the easiest, but there isn't much the company itself can do without shooting the price up another $100 and spending an extra year on R&D. The buyers, however, can figure out the best material for their own needs within a matter of days and it'll cost less too.

As for a 1/6 version, it's very likely we'll see one soon. HT knows people want one and they've even teased the smaller figure when they first announced the 1/4.

this just makes me excited to see what enterbay will be offering. I cant see myself spending all that money on a endo looking like hes wearing dentures. not to mention the chest is all wrong. please please enterbay post your sweetness soon!

There are chances that EB's will try to scale down Sideshow's 2.0 1:1 statue. Good enough for me.
I just hope they won't copy the wrong pistons position :

wrongo.png

There are chances that EB's will try to scale down Sideshow's 2.0 1:1 statue. Good enough for me.
I just hope they won't copy the wrong pistons position :

wrongo.png

that one isn't accurate either, so if they do, ppl will just _____ and moan like they are with this one. The teeth on that 1:1 Endo don't look all that different then what we are getting here either. I bet the EB Endo won't be chrome if that's their intention.

My point was that out of the recent Predator and Terminator collectibles HT has been putting out lately, this one requires the least amount of customization -- and it's also the easiest
can you resculpt feet? palms? do you even know that palms and feet should look differently?
can you put wires into palms going to fingers (even EB did no matter how ugly the result is)?
make the back not flat?
buy 1 additional skeleton for every 1 you customise to get the pistons attaching details?
can you make the chest hollow as it should be with joints inside, instead of the covering surface as it is?
can you resculpt head to give it a t1 or at least a t2 look instead of an SS donkey face?
i cannot do anything of that, neither can you or anybody here. and the producing company could. and they said that they did it, advertising it as "Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Endoskeleton in The Terminator movie".

Last edited:
that one isn't accurate either, so if they do, ppl will just _____ and moan like they are with this one. The teeth on that 1:1 Endo don't look all that different then what we are getting here either. I bet the EB Endo won't be chrome if that's their intention.

Yeah. Let's just hope they Google some pics and use good references.
Regarding the chrome, I'm waiting their first teasers before saying anything. ;)

can you resculpt feet? palms? do you even know that palms and feet should look differently?
can you put wires into palms going to fingers (even EB did no matter how ugly the result is)?
make the back not flat?
buy 1 additional skeleton for every 1 you customise to get the pistons attaching details?
can you make the chest hollow as it should be with joints inside, instead of the covering surface as it is?
can you resculpt head to give it a t1 or at least a t2 look instead of an SS donkey face?
i cannot do anything of that, neither can you or anybody here. and the producing company could. and they said that they did it, advertising it as "Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Endoskeleton in The Terminator movie".

I take it you expect your human figures to come with a full set of internal organs too?

I take it you expect your human figures to come with a full set of internal organs too?
are human figures internal organs exposed like endoskeleton details?
Blade, you go the wrong way already :)
p.s. i managed to make "internal organs", they are easy to make because of soft shapes and blood cover. cannot say the same for strict metal shapes and especially painting (i'm a total loser in painting). my endo-eye in BD T1 looks like a silver potato and only the size saves it from fail )

Last edited:
Back