Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Initial thoughts:

Shiny

Cold to touch

Very heavy, much more metal than thought would be

More movement than thought would be..midsection vertebrae actually flex up and down and move individually

Bottom teeth are still too long, in fact they're slightly longer than the top ones.

Pistony bits are pretty loose to the point where you wonder might they be broken, don't think they are.

LEDs are straightforward red lights - no Enterbay-esque detail inside the eye

Kinda having difficulty with the removeable back of the head, not sure its fitting correctly on mine.

Plasma rifles are indeed very light and hollow sounding

NECA 1:4 plasma rifle could very well be used with this figure. The size is right and while not identical, the differences between them would only be seen on very close inspection.

More later

Last edited:
I've just made it stand by itself pretty easily. Not something I personally would risk long term though.

The headpiece is annoying me. Definitely looks like theres a problem there. Its not slotting home properly on one side - I might have to shave something off.

Last edited:
Pretty sure the eyes don't move. Someone asked that before.

Paintjob has deliberate imperfections, some oil marks and the spotting already pointed out.

In addition to the balljoint head the neck tilts forward and back and it rotates

Thumbs are in the usual anatomically wierd position that HT puts them on its T-800 endoskeletons, can't seem to be rotated.

Last edited:
Initial thoughts:

Shiny

Cold to touch

Very heavy, much more metal than thought would be

More movement than thought would be..midsection vertebrae actually flex up and down and move individually

Bottom teeth are still too long, in fact they're slightly longer than the top ones.

Pistony bits are pretty loose to the point where you wonder might they be broken, don't think they are.

LEDs are straightforward red lights - no Enterbay-esque detail inside the eye

Kinda having difficulty with the removeable back of the head, not sure its fitting correctly on mine.

Plasma rifles are indeed very light and hollow sounding

NECA 1:4 plasma rifle could very well be used with this figure. The size is right and theres very little difference between them

More later

I've just made it stand by itself pretty easily. Not something I personally would risk long term though.

The headpiece is annoying me. Definitely looks like theres a problem there. Its not slotting home properly on one side - I might have to shave something off.

Pretty sure the eyes don't move. Someone asked that before.

Paintjob has deliberate imperfections, some oil marks and the spotting already pointed out.

In addition to the balljoint head the neck tilts forward and back and it rotates

Thumbs are in the usual anatomically wierd position that HT puts them on its endoskeletons, can't seem to be rotated.

By the way lads, the 'its not a real T1 endoskeleton' issues aside, its ****ing amazing. Buy it.

Too bad, would´ve lovved a little net-like pattern in it, but no big bugger.

But figured you´d say that.
Can´t wait for your pics, buddy.
Congrats again.
:1-1:

:gah::gah: its going to be such a long wait till june/july even though its just around the cornerlol. Nice to see he has some weight to him looking forward to more pics and reviews.

Too bad, would´ve lovved a little net-like pattern in it, but no big bugger.

But figured you´d say that.
Can´t wait for your pics, buddy.
Congrats again.
:1-1:

Thanks Timo.

You managed to fit the back of the skull on properly or do you think yours is faulty mate oh and thanks a dev

Not yet. Theres a part just above the temple region that seems too big to slide into its designated space. Thats why I'm thinking I'll have to slice a little bit off the removeable piece to get it to fit in....only as a last resort though. Its not something I'm going to send the figure back over I'll say that much.

That's a shame mate. Well keep me updated and I wonder if more people will have this problem. Need to get mine now. No I wouldn't send it back either.

:gah::gah: its going to be such a long wait till june/july even though its just around the cornerlol. Nice to see he has some weight to him looking forward to more pics and reviews.

You'll be very pleased with that. A plastic HT Iron Man this is not. The first and one of the best surprises for me with this figure upon taking it out of the box - along with how cold it is and that vertebrae flexibility.

Last edited:
My impressions on the scale now that I have it in hand are that we may have been given the wrong idea by those early pics. The parts look to be the right size and if you made them bigger they certainly wouldn't fit inside the Enterbay T-800. The legs and arms look the right length. For any excessive height difference I think we can put that down to not quite enough length to either the midsection or the neck or a little of both.

To clarify, I think it is just a slight height thing - the individual parts of the HT endoskeleton look in scale with Enterbay - apart from the head perhaps being a tad too small. I'm still undecided on that

I don't see any problem now in displaying this with the Enterbay figures.

My impressions on the scale now that I have it in hand are that we may have been given the wrong idea by those early pics. The parts look to be the right size and if you made them bigger they certainly wouldn't fit inside the Enterbay T-800. The legs and arms look the right length. For any excessive height difference I think we can put that down to not quite enough length to either the midsection or the neck or a little of both.

To clarify, I think it is just a slight height thing - the individual parts of the HT endoskeleton look in scale with Enterbay - apart from the head perhaps being a tad too small. I'm still undecided on that

That was the verdict I was eager to hear, man.
:rock

I noticed that after taking the back of the skull off and putting it on again that mine doesn't fit properly either. No biggie really to be honest.

Sounds great, my wallet hates all this positive information though, it's threatening to sew it's self shut.

Eagerly awaiting more pictures, before I can really make up my mind...

Back