Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, bingo:yess:, you are the first guy who aware a lot about the difference on that endoskull after modded......as you say, the teeth size on lower jaw have been adjusted (the teeth on upper jaw also adjusted a bit actually)........I have try to widened the cheekbone by add a piece of plastic board under it, but I remove it finally because it look so strange, so I think the shorten teeth on lower jaw and the soft pipe mislead you feel that the jaw widended (the position of the figure when I take photo maybe one of the reason) ........

Wow, yeah it's strange the effect that had, I really did think you had widened the jaw, perhaps by adding to the existing sculpt yourself and repainting the whole thing. A member here did that to a Hot Toys Endoskeleton which he then sold to me some years later.

So, a big improvement, you've greatly reduced the 'goofiness' of the original sculpt. As you admit in another post it's still not all the way there but there's only so much you can do.

It's a real pity Enterbay dropped their plans for an Endo. QC would have been awful most likely but I'm almost certain we would have had a superior sculpt from them.

Oh just noticed you adjusted the thumb position on the hands aswell and added a bit of detail. Very nice.

And the collarbone correction.

Wow, yeah it's strange the effect that had, I really did think you had widened the jaw, perhaps by adding to the existing sculpt yourself and repainting the whole thing. A member here did that to a Hot Toys Endoskeleton which he then sold to me some years later.

So, a big improvement, you've greatly reduced the 'goofiness' of the original sculpt. As you admit in another post it's still not all the way there but there's only so much you can do.

It's a real pity Enterbay dropped their plans for an Endo. QC would have been awful most likely but I'm almost certain we would have had a superior sculpt from them.

I also feel so amazing about it have that effect after adjust the teeth......:rolleyes:
Would your mind to show me some picture about your modded endoskeleton, I really have great interesting on it........:pray:
I have same feeling with you about Enterbay give up the endo plan, as your say, they can made a better endoskull sculpt than HT.........

I take one picture from toy shop to compare with mine......
2015-01-27%2021.02.02.png

2015-01-27%2020.59.19.png

Oh just noticed you adjusted the thumb position on the hands aswell and added a bit of detail. Very nice.

And the collarbone correction.

Actually not only adjust the thumb position, I add a ball joint on it and the additional parts, now the hand can make a fist natually.......

DSC02730.jpg

DSC02732.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

DSC02754.jpg

DSC02727.jpg

DSC02753.jpg

Actually not only adjust the thumb position, I add a ball joint on it and the additional parts, now the hand can make a fist natually.......

DSC02727.jpg

DSC02730.jpg

DSC02732.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

DSC02754.jpg

DSC02753.jpg

THAT is ******* amazing, dude and it really looks great.
So you but the cylinder on a ball joint and the thumb on a swivel, right?
Thought of that too while I threedimensionally constructed my own endo arm.

One thing I thought about while looking at the teeth:
There supposed to be flesh over them, so they kinda NEED to be horse teeth, or not?
Otherwise we would've seen Arnold's steel jaw...

That looks like you have replaced the bars behind the neck? Was this easy to do as both of my plastic ones broke and I am desperate to get it fixed.

Right, I replace it by using a metal pipe, thats harder than plastic bar.........
Thats not easy to fix that part, you need to resolve some part from the skull and also need suitable tools assist, let me show you how to fix the broken bar by picture........

8af280c1-d85e-4acd-9816-b0d209116414.jpg

The picture below is capture from Gigerfan's post.......
5f229e76-ea49-411c-acda-e461a79e9e8f.jpg

The fixing procedure is 1) resolve the "base" part from afterbrain 2) take out the broken part from base 3) drill Φ0.5mm hole in both 2 parts and insert a Φ0.5mm metal stick for reinforce.........

THAT is ******* amazing, dude and it really looks great.
So you but the cylinder on a ball joint and the thumb on a swivel, right?
Thought of that too while I threedimensionally constructed my own endo arm.

One thing I thought about while looking at the teeth:
There supposed to be flesh over them, so they kinda NEED to be horse teeth, or not?
Otherwise we would've seen Arnold's steel jaw...

I also put ball joint on thumb to widen the moving range.........
Hum.......not sure what u guess is right or not, I only know that kind of "horse" style teeth is not what we saw in T2 movie, so I need to adjust it myself:huh...........

content_terminator-2-judgement-day-blog-1.jpg

Genuinely loving this modded endo!
No one has mentioned the modded finger lengths? One thing I absolutely hate about the Hot toys Endoskeletons would be the fingers all being one length....you'd think they would have sorted this on their 1/4" [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great job!! There is always something to improve on almost any figure or statue.

This forum really needs a "like" button next to each post (like Rebelscum, RPF etc. have)

Thank you very much GuyverCat for the info on how to fix the neck bars. I thought I could just replace the bars altogether as not sure I will find a drill bit so small. I could try to go into a jewelers I suppose.

Eitherway, great that it can actually be fixed. :)

And yeah, your mods are seriously cool!

Thank you very much GuyverCat for the info on how to fix the neck bars. I thought I could just replace the bars altogether as not sure I will find a drill bit so small. I could try to go into a jewelers I suppose.

Eitherway, great that it can actually be fixed. :)

And yeah, your mods are seriously cool!

You are wellcome, actually what I can help is very very limit, if you can't buy the tools finally, maybe I can make the bar for you........anyway, I can show you more information about how to open the base, hope that helpful to you.........

DSC02760.jpg

DSC02761.jpg

DSC02764.jpg

Genuinely loving this modded endo!
No one has mentioned the modded finger lengths? One thing I absolutely hate about the Hot toys Endoskeletons would be the fingers all being one length....you'd think they would have sorted this on their 1/4" [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arrrrrr.......thanks for aware that trouble work which I done, I have same feeling with you, really dun understanding why HT can make all finger almost same length.......

Yeah, deffo see it the same way.
I was just standing in front of it and really think about the mods. Really love the modded thumb, dude.
You did a killer job.
:rock

:hi5:Yeah!!.....dun just think, go go go, I suggest that you better to start from teeth mod, cause the face always be most inportant and teeth mod is the easiest part in all mod job........

Hi All,

Does anybody have any spare parts for this guy? I'm after the Pistons that are on the front of the shoulds? (The ones that would be the coller bone)

Cheers Andrew

Back