Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa! no need to get upset. Here's some pic's of mine. Just a saying that a Neca Endo is still a nice figure for it's price point. Once customized, you can see it full potential compared to the premium Endo.

Ahhhhhh, yeah..you did one too, I remember now. Major respect for this one, too.
Awesome job at the details, base and chroming. Would´ve totally bought it that way.
:rock
And no worries, man. Iwasn´t upset, just wanted to tell you, because it came like I was blasting it totally.

The only thing I told this man is that you have to see what´s enough for you and he compared, or moreso, wanted to choose between this, or that.
There´s no chosing, at least for me now. I have/had both and...even for the price the NECA isn´t good. Not by todays standards. You better take
the new 6" version, cause the 18" has WAY to many flaws which you clearly see. You can elevate it to a near perfect level, but lots of hrs of work are neccessary to do that, right?

So that´s what I mean. Choice between 2 endo´s that you just set up? Then consider:
How important is the franchise to you, how much do you wanna spend and how much do you need the looks.
Simple as that, I guess.

@Olbertfrog: :lol

Ahhhhhh, yeah..you did one too, I remember now. Major respect for this one, too.
Awesome job at the details, base and chroming. Would´ve totally bought it that way.
:rock
And no worries, man. Iwasn´t upset, just wanted to tell you, because it came like I was blasting it totally.

The only thing I told this man is that you have to see what´s enough for you and he compared, or moreso, wanted to choose between this, or that.
There´s no chosing, at least for me now. I have/had both and...even for the price the NECA isn´t good. Not by todays standards. You better take
the new 6" version, cause the 18" has WAY to many flaws which you clearly see. You can elevate it to a near perfect level, but lots of hrs of work are neccessary to do that, right?

So that´s what I mean. Choice between 2 endo´s that you just set up? Then consider:
How important is the franchise to you, how much do you wanna spend and how much do you need the looks.
Simple as that, I guess.

@Olbertfrog: :lol

No worries. :wave I enjoy customizing so as long as the item has potential, then it just a matter of turning it the way it should be. The Neca Endo has it flaws no doubt, but nothing that can't be corrected. I'm glad we have so many choices these days and they keep getting better each time. The Endo design is still one my favs and the Premium Endo is one of the best out there.

And now for something completely different, my wife says since you like to customize things, how about making me an outdoor coffee table. So I'm customizing a pallet into an outdoor coffee table.

Gonna turn this

Into this

Ahhh, a customizer's work is never done.:rotfl

No worries. :wave I enjoy customizing so as long as the item has potential, then it just a matter of turning it the way it should be. The Neca Endo has it flaws no doubt, but nothing that can't be corrected. I'm glad we have so many choices these days and they keep getting better each time. The Endo design is still one my favs and the Premium Endo is one of the best out there.

And now for something completely different, my wife says since you like to customize things, how about making me an outdoor coffee table. So I'm customizing a pallet into an outdoor coffee table.

Gonna turn this

Into this

Ahhh, a customizer's work is never done.:rotfl

Same here, man.
I grew up on terminator and I love the style. It´s absolutely timeless and I do a doubletake evey evening at it.
And now ED-209 gets it too. Robocop is the 2nd. Those movies keeps getting better.

Love the pallet stuff. Pallet garden furniture rules the park too.
You goin´for that too?
:hi5:

Same here, man.
I grew up on terminator and I love the style. It´s absolutely timeless and I do a doubletake evey evening at it.
And now ED-209 gets it too. Robocop is the 2nd. Those movies keeps getting better.

Love the pallet stuff. Pallet garden furniture rules the park too.
You goin´for that too?
:hi5:

Me too. I still remember seeing it at the movies along with Alien & Predator. The Endo looked cool in the close ups in the first one, then that opening scene of T2 really showed it's form. I was always thinking to myself back then, why don't they just make a movie of that future war scene with all those Endo's, HK's & tanks.

I have a P1 that I'm working on now but summer is here so I can only work on it sparingly. Hopefully after that, I can finally start my long delayed Endo project but having the spare time to do all this stuff, there's just not enough of it.

BTW, after that table, I'm going to make myself a patio lounge chair using the same materials and a spare couch cushion once the table is done. A customizer needs a little R&R:drink

This probably has been discussed before but how does the HT 1/4 Endo compared with the Sideshow 1/4 Endo Statue?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/product-archive/?sku=8306

Just looking at the pictures it does not look like the head/teeth on the Sideshow looks accurate either (the head and teeth actually look a lot like a blown-up version of the HT 1/6 endo). I already own the HT 1/4 so not sure if it's worth while to have the Sideshow as well.

Thanks.

I actually brought the neca the other day and was quite impressed with him. Yea he doesnt compare but it is still very detailed and decent looking for its price point.
The reason I brought it is because of its detail. My plan is to dismantle it and and use it with the hot toys . I only have the standard HT version so I can also use the plasma rifle .
Because the hot toys is such a master piece, Iv gone all out and ordered the master lighthouse for him. Its pricey but worth it. will post some pics in the coming days .

also dismantled the neca I brought recently and modded the rifle so it fit the hot toys as I missed out on the exclusive. I then repainted the neca and added it to the base.

The cool thing is you can still light the red eyes of the neca with the hot toys endo stepping on it.

Gypsycatcha that's pure genius, man! Makes the cheap-looking stock base look great!

Anyway, I got my QS002 weeks ago, MISB at a great price. However, it didn't come with some problems -- loose parts on the shoulders and even the faceplate thanks to HT's poor glue and a broken finger on the right hand. Got everything fixed, though the finger lost one point of articulation it can still hold the rifle fine. I took advantage of the unglued parts on the shoulders and was able to set the wrongly-positioned collar pistons properly with less effort.

Will post pics when I get the time.

Took a few photos. Sorry for the blurry quality, no time to set up the tripod. My EB T800's batteries are dead as well :(

P7130718_zpse575fb36.jpg

P7130724_zps5b934477.jpg

P7130728_zpsfb3f432a.jpg

Took a few photos. Sorry for the blurry quality, no time to set up the tripod. My EB T800's batteries are dead as well :(

P7130718_zpse575fb36.jpg

P7130724_zps5b934477.jpg

P7130728_zpsfb3f432a.jpg

Yeah the neca is a great figure and with a little time and effort, it can really hold its own.
Man they look so great together. I was going for the 1/4 arnie but opted for the 1/6 at the time. I may still get him though as its such an epic piece. Love the 1st picture as well :rock

Thanks, gypsy -- they look great together indeed! I hope you get to own the EB BD Arnie in the future, it's an awesome piece of art.

I'm inspired by what you did with your NECA Endo, I might end up buying when I see one. They usually pop in stores and go on sale for cheap :)

I think I will get it . I dont really collect 1/4 but had to get the endo. I do still think the enterbay is the best representation of Arnie to date.
Yea the neca can be brought cheap. Im thinking of doing another battle damaged as a statue. The paint lets them down but all the detail is there so you have a great base to work with. also the light feature is really cool.

I think I will get it . I dont really collect 1/4 but had to get the endo. I do still think the enterbay is the best representation of Arnie to date.
Yea the neca can be brought cheap. Im thinking of doing another battle damaged as a statue. The paint lets them down but all the detail is there so you have a great base to work with. also the light feature is really cool.

I'll second your opinion regarding EB's BD T800. IMO the best Arnie figure thus far.

And HA! I thought I was the only one who makes statues out of their NECA 1/4 figures! :lol

oh man, hopefully i do get a chance to pick Enterbay arnie. he looks fregging awesome.

I'll second your opinion regarding EB's BD T800. IMO the best Arnie figure thus far.

And HA! I thought I was the only one who makes statues out of their NECA 1/4 figures! :lol

Yeah hot toys comes close and is a better package but the enterbay for me is the stand out Arnie.
Ha yes well iv got a cool idea what to do with one so will probably go ahead with it :)

Back