Hot Toys - QS002 - The Terminator: 1/4th scale Endoskeleton Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've actually brought it to Sideshow's attention and this is their response:

"Thank you very much for contacting the returns department with pictures of your Hot Toys T-800 Endoskeleton. I have compared your images to stock pieces and I have found the paint in that region to be consistent to the image you have provided. With that said I do not believe we can provide you with a replacement that would be an improvement. I apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused you."

BS right?

I just wanted to confirm on this board that it is indeed a gross inconsistency. Think I might just return it for a full refund if they're not willing to replace or compensate and admit that it's a **** up.

That is total garbage, even the pictures on their website don't look like that.

I would send it back for a replacement

No personal offense, but I think sending that back is more than a little unreasonable. Would you be willing to pay for the shipping of the item to the manufacturer, and back – just a for a little paint app issue that could be cleaned up with a q-tip and 2 minutes of your time?

If I were the store/manufacturer, I'd refuse a return for such a minor issue. Nothing is broken. If *everyone* returned their collectibles after finding such tiny problems, the manufacturers would incur such huge costs/losses, that the next similar figure would cost $1000 instead of $399.

Just my opinion. :peace

I kind of agree actually Ratz. Theres variation in the paint from figure to figure. Not everyones 'wear&tear' is exactly the same. Mine has loads of it everywhere, apparently more than is on Rorywan's one for example. And that is all that is.

Oh is it removable? I thought they had not chromed it properly, if the paint is on top of the chrome then by all means try to remove first, as long as you dont damage the chrome.

Oh is it removable? I thought they had not chromed it properly, if the paint is on top of the chrome then by all means try to remove first, as long as you dont damage the chrome.

Yup, all the paint apps are on top of shiny chrome, and should be removable/modifiable without much hassle.

If it were a paint mess up on something like a realistic human head, where it'd be impossible to fix up (unless you're a master painter) – I'd be more inclined to agree that a replacement part/head should be supplied...but sending back the whole endo just for a little spot of sloppy paint, which could easily pass as intentional (since it's supposed to be wear/tear oil smears), is not quite justified, in my mind anyway.

Just put a tiny amount of nail polish remover onto a cotton bud swab then rub it off and it should come off easy. Be careful not to use too much or you might remove the underlying chrome paint also

Did anyone else get the same ****ty paint application on the lower right circle in the rib area?

e8f10532-7aa6-4a79-8cff-aab3b160cdea_zpsfc97e447.jpg

So far all photos I've seen don't have that much paint there.

I dont have that...mine is nicely chromed.
I had the same problem with a Star Trek gun and they given me the same respons.
I went up selling the gun.

Last edited:
The new Endo looks nice, but at $400 it quite steep price to pay. Not really digging the base detail. I was thinking of getting one just to mod it up a bit but I don't think I will see much of a major improvement over my custom $40 Neca Endo.

The new Endo looks nice, but at $400 it quite steep price to pay. Not really digging the base detail. I was thinking of getting one just to mod it up a bit but I don't think I will see much of a major improvement over my custom $40 Neca Endo.

Very nice custom!
I must say though, if time is money, that $40 NECA endo certainly isn't $40 once you put in all the hours of work needed to get that result, plus the cost of having it chromed. Is it actually chrome plated, or is that a really good spray paint?

Well if you're ok to sell me this custom for 40$ i'm game :)

Thats a fantastic custom but I have to say having compared the 2 sculpts in hand I'd take Hot Toys Sideshow copy over that NECA one.

Yeah thats what I thought too. I didnt know it was just a paint app, I too thought it was missing chrome. In that case never mind.

Some quick pics.

IMG_20130516_212712_028.jpg

IMG_20130516_212721_838.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome pose.

That's my favorite pic of that so far (save for the background). Creepy as hell.

Back