HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it’s next year release, maybe I might wait..I wonder if it will sell out at $700 :slap

God you guys freak out over everything. The mark XLII's stand is similar and yes it can take off the extra platform/height extension. You actually have to "build" the stand. Im farily certain you will be able to do that with this one.

The tall stand on the XLII is more stable than youd think, and its not exactly a light figure.

Since it’s next year release, maybe I might wait..I wonder if it will sell out at $700 :slap

I doubt it will sell-out before it gets released. It does't have an edition size like statues. I will get this, but directly from HK on release.

God you guys freak out over everything. The mark XLII's stand is similar and yes it can take off the extra platform/height extension. You actually have to "build" the stand. Im farily certain you will be able to do that with this one.

The tall stand on the XLII is more stable than youd think, and its not exactly a light figure.

I was about to say the same. Very similar to the QS Mark XLII stand for sure.

I like that this is a functional helmet...as in it has the head sculpt underneath and you can attach it together to form the helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d4f8ee674c915422b5c65fd968066584.jpg608cec15e165b79c394b9e85a8d9ebe1.jpg4715636841741865a66d0f25646c37df.jpg09c43d3a0ae91836aed91ddeaeebce9c.jpga32451443a6c25ad2f1af32ca4660142.jpgeb403407fb9f0d17b168c48aad85a96d.jpga7f6be9e6e45f08ce0fd76dd4018e7b2.jpga30b878026726a52942894f5ae3a6343.jpg

Wish he had 2 separate sculpts to avoid any seam issues, gapping or possible friction with the Shaw sculpt but that ain’t happening. Hope HT covers all those bases in production and QC since I’d mainly display this with the helmet on.

This is better than I thought. When I saw the first pic I thought it was a statue and the pose sucked...lol The price also seems a bit reasonable considering the market. I have attakus 1 and iron studios and now maybe I'll get this but that's it- no more ****ing Vaders!!!!

Mine and a lot of others Anakin/Vader story ends in 1983. The rest is left up to our imagination. Our Anakin didn't goto the darkside for a chick, our Anakin was seduced by the darkside of the force not involving a chick, Our Anakin wasn't a beta tick riding pretty boy, our Anakin wasn't a "I'll do anything you ask, just help me save Padme" ******! Deal with it.

What about the Ewoks and ****** bag Han from 1983? Do you gloss over that stuff too? I never understood how anyone can hate the PT but love the Ewoks or ROTJ for that matter...lol

Wish he had 2 separate sculpts to avoid any seam issues, gapping or possible friction with the Shaw sculpt but that ain’t happening. Hope HT covers all those bases in production and QC since I’d mainly display this with the helmet on.

It might be 2 sculpts. I'm not sure. It isn't 100 percent clear. Where I'm leaning it could be 2 is that they definately show 2 lower mandible pieces.

So maybe one exposed Anakin sculpt and one helmet which can be taken apart and has the back as Anakins exposed scarred head.

That’d be nice but I'm thinking HT might just have the lower mandible as part of the stand to place the upper part and dome on. Not much else shown or listed in what he comes with.

I don't do plastic figures as a rule. But this one is very impressive!! I was incredibly tempted to buy it until I saw the price. It's a bit much.

Why don't HT just go full out and make these highly accurate 1/4 items full on statues? (I'm assuming it's license related) But they'd mop up. Just compare this to Sideshows new Vader, there is no comparison in terms of aesthetic appearance.

Are those gloves flaking type material? Any of the previous 1/6 figs have that problem? I haven't owned a vader figure before.

Well, if I get this I will not sell the IS Vader.

Thought about it and like some have said, its lasting power over plastic and fabric is what going to make it one of the greatest, regardless of whether not it has a full reveal.

That's good to know..i still don't like the whole design but i think it will look better with just the top base..
That’d be nice but I'm thinking HT might just have the lower mandible as part of the stand to place the upper part and dome on. Not much else shown or listed in what he comes with.
Agree...it's looks like it's just the one head sculpt..
I don't like statues. You're stuck with the pose they give you. What if you want to set it up with the 1/4 Boba Fett against a cloud city backdrop, like the reveal in Empire? Or what if you want to pose him with his lightsaber ready to attack Luke, with a Throne Room backdrop? This way you have either option, with a statue you do not.
Yep it's going to be fun posing this guy up to match all the different movie scenes:)

Are those gloves flaking type material? Any of the previous 1/6 figs have that problem? I haven't owned a vader figure before.

The gloves are plastic.

I'm guessing the suit is made from the same pleather material used on the 1/6 versions...which going from my own experience are pretty tough and aren't going to flake easily over time..

I don't do plastic figures as a rule. But this one is very impressive!! I was incredibly tempted to buy it until I saw the price. It's a bit much.

Why don't HT just go full out and make these highly accurate 1/4 items full on statues? (I'm assuming it's license related) But they'd mop up. Just compare this to Sideshows new Vader, there is no comparison in terms of aesthetic appearance.

+100

I know that's not what action figure collectors want, since they want to actually be able to pose these things, but I'd love for HT to tackle that market, too.

Back