HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This helmet/armor saw very little screen time. I think it's only in the last two scenes of ROTS. The NO!!! scene and then at the very end where he and the Emperor are looking out the window at the Death Star.

c7vadere3a.JPG

c7vadere3b.JPG

ROTS version, easy pass. OT for me since I was fortunate enough to have grown up in the 70's and 80's and saw them in theaters when they first came out. Still remember seeing the 3 3/4" SW figures on the shelf's for ¢0.99 at Kmart.

ROTS version, easy pass. OT for me since I was fortunate enough to have grown up in the 70's and 80's and saw them in theaters when they first came out. Still remember seeing the 3 3/4" SW figures on the shelf's for ¢0.99 at Kmart.

I grew up in the 70's and 80's too...
But I like the rots also.

I don't mind it....

This photo looks awesome to me-- if the hot toys 1/4 can achieve this look, I'll be satisfied...
That said, my preference would've been for a ROTJ or esb version

The rots looks great and aggressive from front view ,
Straight 3/4 looks great,
but from a lower angle on 3/4 becomes weak...the edges suddenly become soft. Because the dome's brow ridge is too subtle, unlike ot.
Profile is also weaker than the to version.....not as aggressive.

Front view is great:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lower front is so-so
image.jpg

This angle is a little soft compared to ot, but looks worse when looking from below
image.jpg
image.jpg

This angle looks more aggressive and skull-like especially from a front view
image.jpg

What really adds to the difference though is the use of flat lenses vs bubbled. Flat, tells you where exactly his lenses are, and bubbled lenses gives a sense of indefinite depth....

As long as they never use the Disney Helmet:
image.jpg
image.jpg

Still seems strange to me, with all the attention paid to continuity and all the effort Lucas made to link ROTS up with ANH, that he didn't give us a Vader that looked at least a LITTLE like the one we saw in ANH.

Heck, even a shined up and more idealized version of the ANH costume would have been fine with me. Or even just having the tunic placed over the chest armor!

Still seems strange to me, with all the attention paid to continuity and all the effort Lucas made to link ROTS up with ANH, that he didn't give us a Vader that looked at least a LITTLE like the one we saw in ANH.

Heck, even a shined up and more idealized version of the ANH costume would have been fine with me. Or even just having the tunic placed over the chest armor!

Now, I'm not a prequel hater...grew up in the '70's and watched the OT when they were released, I also love this costume and will be buying this figure. No worries about it being ROTS or ROTJ. Doesn't bother me at all. But I agree 100% with you on this. They went to great lengths to get other things correct, but even just putting the robe over the armor would have been closer to ANH. Rebels seems to have gotten it right.

This angle is a little soft compared to ot, but looks worse when looking from below
View attachment 180329
View attachment 180333

Nice comparison pics. I'm not a lover of any of the prequels nor the redesign of the vader mask and costum(they should have got dave prowse back for those brief few scenes we see of vader),but that's still one nice figure and would look awesome on display. If only they went with ANH or ESB vader as their first release:(

I am neutral to the prequels, mostly because of the nostalgia I had when they released. I did not like the Vader they chose to create for ROTS. I think it should have looked like a prototype of what was to come in ANH. Look at the Force Awakens and how the troopers have evolved. ROTS Vader should have been a lesser evolved version of the outfit. I did not like that the Vader suit looked like that right off the bat.

I would love it if Hot Toys included some goodies since this is ROTS Vader. Charred Anakin pieces and the operating table please haha.

I thot when i saw this it was going to be a must have, then i saw what version of Vader this was and instantly lost interest. it looks good but i hate Hayden Christensen and the look of his outfit. the 1/6th that is cumming out looks incredible. wold rather see 1/6 or 1/4 darth maul of count dooku or Qui-Gon Jinn if there going to make anything from the prequels.

What's with the weird extensions on the back of his hands/gloves? I just popped in ROTS blu and didn't notice those as the end in the Vader shots. That's a really noticeable part of this that says this ain't your old school Vader! VERY dissapointed that this isn't OT!! Now it's not an immediate buy - may have to stick with the new PF instead. Thanks Hot Toys!! (he says sarcastically)

ROTS...I will be passing this one ..money saved. They should of made ROTJ version to go with Fett.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

The gloves are the one real nitpick i have as well,with both the 1/4 and 1/6 scale vaders,especially those long skinny fingers. Would have been a better idea to have several fully sculpted gloves instead of separate hand pieces with that horrible velcro used to attach them:(

Can't wait to add this to my collection. Like 99% of people I don't care what the nerds are having a problem with when it comes to this figure.

I also think its awesome.. yes.. would have preferred a ESB .. but Vader is still Vader and the difference are not as crucial to me... if I have the option to pose him the way I remember Vader (compared to a Wrestling posing pose) without having a plastic rod attached ..standing on a unlogical high base.... I take the HT

Back