HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As great as this Vader is, I think I've decided to get out of the Hot Toys game (or at least collecting 1/4 figures). I'm gravitating towards statues instead and those ain't cheap. I'm hoping someone buys my Vader before I try to rationalize why I can keep it and still preorder 3 Prime 1 statues. :rotfl

I will say though, after collecting so many 1/4 figures over the years, Vader has got to be my favorite at least in regards to pure accuracy and realism. Maybe less "fun" to pose than others, but basically the perfect Vader.

I modified the stand previously so you could use the crotch grabber with just the single tiered base, but today I put a dowel into the severed acrylic rod so I could do both stand options. Accidentally cracked the rod a tiny bit but it's structural integrity was not compromised.
View attachment 507112

Any hobby store will be able to sell you replacement acrylic rod, so no biggie.

VADER (2).jpg

I just bought this from eBay for a great price MIB. I have wanted it for a long time, but now I have the feeling HT will announce a 1:6 RotJ Vader any minute now. :crying/:lol

Congrats on the pick up. Always a great feeling.

There will always be more Vaders from every company in 1:1, 1:6, 1:4, 1:12, 1:18 or anywhere in between, but you get to enjoy yours now.

I just bought this from eBay for a great price MIB. I have wanted it for a long time, but now I have the feeling HT will announce a 1:6 RotJ Vader any minute now. :crying/:lol

It's a great figure, very impressive, better than 1/6 considering the larger scale. Don't be sorry buying it.

You won't be disappointed...it's the only vader figure you'll ever need:)

...and you never know but with the recent re-release of TESB vader, HT could just go with a 1/6 ROTS version first, before the inevitable ROTJ version.

Then again they have that 1/4 ROTS proto from a few years back that still might see the light of day...along with the 1/4 scale Stormtrooper that we're all STILL WAITING FOR!...HELLO HOT TOYS :impatient:

I've been tempted to get this one but told myself I would only stick to 1/6 scale :slap

Does anyone polish the Vader helmet using finishing compound? I notice the helmet still can be finishing polish for more reflection.

Does anyone polish the Vader helmet using finishing compound? I notice the helmet still can be finishing polish for more reflection.

I would start by applying a paint sealant to see if that gives you enough gloss first before using a finishing polish. Even with a very mildly abrasive polish, I wouldn't want to take any amount of paint off if possible.

A paint sealant would give you gloss without removing anything, and should last a while indoors. I use CarPro Reload on my helmets and CarPro Elixir to wipe dust off of them.

I would start by applying a paint sealant to see if that gives you enough gloss first before using a finishing polish. Even with a very mildly abrasive polish, I wouldn't want to take any amount of paint off if possible.

A paint sealant would give you gloss without removing anything, and should last a while indoors. I use CarPro Reload on my helmets and CarPro Elixir to wipe dust off of them.

It there a layer of black paint on the helmet? Why will it damaged? Can share the photo after the finishing polish ?

It would not be damaged per se, but a finishing polish is a mild abrasive. It takes a very small amount of paint/clear off the surface of the material to give it more gloss. There’s just not a lot of paint/material on these figures so I would not like to use any type of abrasive on it.

A wax or sealant just goes on the surface to give extra gloss.

I do not have any pictures on hand, but same principle as applying it to a car to make it glossier and/or add depth.

Received Thursday
73a9684153de0263e55caa7ac200cc80.jpg

. QS is a bit overwhelming. I?m a bit awe-struck.

Discovered his left tusk was broken off. But I dug around in his packaging and found it. Glued it back on. Easy fix.

Now... where/how to display him

Received Thursday
73a9684153de0263e55caa7ac200cc80.jpg

. QS is a bit overwhelming. I?m a bit awe-struck.

Discovered his left tusk was broken off. But I dug around in his packaging and found it. Glued it back on. Easy fix.

Now... where/how to display him

Very nice! Man, his final scene with Luke in ROTJ... *sniffles*

Back