HOT TOYS QS 1/4 Darth Vader (pic courtesy Seanxlong)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long shot but I'd like to try again: is there anyone that doesn't use the special edition light up base and would be willing to sell it?

Hi, do any of you know if "Armor All" vinyl/leather protectant is a good thing to apply on the pleather to protect it from eventual cracking?

(it's supposed to protect this type pf material from cracking)

Hi, do any of you know if "Armor All" vinyl/leather protectant is a good thing to apply on the pleather to protect it from eventual cracking?

There are better options than Armor All. A lot of people use 303 Aerospace Protectant. I've tried the Trinova vinyl conditioner and it worked well.

image0.jpeg

Is there a significant issue with this Vader’s outfit deteriorating? Looking to get a brand new sealed Vader from someone in Asia and worried about humidity and such. I luckily live in a pretty dry climate.

Is there a significant issue with this Vader’s outfit deteriorating? Looking to get a brand new sealed Vader from someone in Asia and worried about humidity and such. I luckily live in a pretty dry climate.

Personally I would never buy an older sealed figure from anywhere with high humidity and heat. The risk of damage out of the box is way to great. I'm a fan of getting my stuff sealed, but from those locations I would want it fully inspected and pictures provided.

No, do not touch Armor All. Those are for leather, use 303 for synthetic leather / pleather.

I'd ask to see how the suit looks like before buying it.

Is there a significant issue with this Vader?s outfit deteriorating? Looking to get a brand new sealed Vader from someone in Asia and worried about humidity and such. I luckily live in a pretty dry climate.

Nearly every case of hot toys pleather deterioration I've seen recently came from a collector in South East Asia. I would be asking for pictures of the suit also.

Nearly every case of hot toys pleather deterioration I've seen recently came from a collector in South East Asia. I would be asking for pictures of the suit also.

Ah damn, well it’s sold brand new sealed in a shipper box so I can’t see it in advance. Were the deteriorations in used models? I would hope the sealed box could prevent the humidity from getting in

If only my detolf was big enough to have the lightsaber ignited. Found a more action type pose that I really liked.
PXL_20210216_024420100._exported_1043_1613443476721.jpg

I modified the stand previously so you could use the crotch grabber with just the single tiered base, but today I put a dowel into the severed acrylic rod so I could do both stand options. Accidentally cracked the rod a tiny bit but it's structural integrity was not compromised.
inCollage_20210224_140536404.jpg

Also another look at my Iron Studios inspired pose:
PXL_20210224_185917768.jpg

Back